• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Help with Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ok, I'm making a map. At the beginning a bunch of creeps attack you and there is supposed to be TrollAttackYes1 sound at the beginning. Well, heres my trigger:
Events:
A Unit enters region(StartTrollTalk)
Conditions:
Unit is equal to DarkTroll 005 <gen>
Actions:
Play Sound TrollAttackYes1
Trigger - turn off <this trigger>
When he enters the region, the sound doesn't play. I tried turning off the turn off trigger action. I even made it "Elapsed Game time is equal to 0.00 seconds" and "Map Initialization" events. Can someone tell me whats wrong? :?

Level 8
Make a game text message to double-check that the trigger is firing.

Is the unit the one specific dark troll, or is it supposed to work with any dark troll? If it's any, you need a unit-type comparison instead of a unit comparison.

You also might want to try using the action that plays the sound at a point, in this case, the point of the troll's location.

In your condition, you typed only "Unit". Is that "Entering Unit" or "Triggering Unit"? Either should work, although Entering is more specifically applicable, and therefore preferred.

When pasting triggers, if you right-click on the trigger in the editable window and select "Copy as Text" you can get the exact wordage of the trigger without typing it out.

Level 9
This is really simple, the warcraft editor is in some way bugged, the 'sound- play' string just won't work (i never got it to work)

Instead, use 'sound - play at location (x)'
Play that sound at the location the troll is at, at 100% volume, that will work.

goodluck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.