• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Creep Waves Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
maybe I am going about this all wrong or something, but I am trying to do DoTa like creep waves, so basically what is happeneing is the creeps are spawned, begin to go to the destination, then stop, turn around and go back to where they started and jsut stnad and do nothing

this is what I have

Creeps1 treants
Events
Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Treant for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region 018 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

then other is

Creeps go11 Copy 2
Events
Unit - A unit enters Region 018 <gen>
Conditions
((Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Archer) or ((Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Treant)
Actions
Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 018 <gen>)

first off is that how I should go about making the creep waves, and secondly I created a quick map with just two regions, and used the same kind of trigger and it worked just fine, but not in my dota map, anyone know what is up???

if anyone would like to take a look to help me I could send it to you, ty for any and all help!

Level 18
Try to make the "attack-move" to region as the region to which the monsters should walk.. If your trigger is exactly so how u has written it down, then the creeps come i region 018 and go to 018, but because they ARE in 018 they wont walk , u know.. change it and it should work the triggers are right..

Level 6
Code:
Creeps go11 Copy 2
Events
Unit - A unit enters Region 018 <gen>
Conditions
((Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Archer) or ((Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Treant)
Actions
Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 018 <gen>)
warning: this'd affect playerheroes too. i suggest making only 1 trigger: use unit - order (last created unit) after it spawned.
the fact that the units go back again after reaching their destination is not a bug. the purpose of this is that u cant lure the units everywhere (like creeps away from a goldmine).
however if theres a final target (a big castle or whatever) to destroy as final goal they'll never reach the destination and turn around because they'll attack everything in their way: either the map will end or they die before they reach their destination.

remember there are ways to interrupt the creepmovement (such as sleep) which might cause them to stop their movement und just stand around. if that's the case a general order-all-creeps each 5 seconds or sth should fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.