• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trigger Damage Adding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am making an ability to where each time the hero attacks, he gains some damage for about 30 seconds. And I am trying to look for a way to add damage to the attacking hero with triggers. I seem to not be able to find a way to do this. Please help me!!!

Level 25
One option is to add item ability (item attack damage bonus or something like that) - that has a fixed amount tho. You can solve this problem by using a trick that consists of multiple levels that add certain amount and you mathematically compute levels to get the desired amount of bonus damage.

Another option is to use an already existing ability - for example Critical Strike (or Bash) with 100% chance for proc. Or Roar ability.

Last option is to use triggers and download and import a Damage Detection System (DDS) from the site. DDS allows you to manipulate damage done by any unit in the entire map without a need for anything else.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
One can also use tomes to permanently modify damage (with negative ones to decrease damage). Remember to remove the tome items after use as by default all items that die (used on pickup) remain forever and can be considered a leak.

One can modify damage within a fixed range by using item damage modifiers of various amounts up to a certain limit. For example if you make 32 different item damage abilities in twos compliment binary increments you can get a range of -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647. 32 different abilities is not trivial however and the damage range provided is far bigger than reasonable maps will ever require so a smaller number of abilities should suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.