• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger crashing game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Heya folks :D

Basically, ive got one part of game with more trigger, and it works fine, until i start trigger
  • Time - Aeon_Lava_Pool_Timer expires
  • Set Aeon_Generator_Positions[6] = (Aeon_Generator_Positions[5] offset by (Random real number between 175.00 and 450.00) towards (Random real number between 0.00 and 359.00) degrees)
  • Unit - Create 1 Lava Pool for Player 12 (Brown) at Aeon_Generator_Positions[6] facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Add Aeon Lava Pool to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike Aeon_Generator_Positions[6]
  • Countdown Timer - Start Aeon_Lava_Pool_Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 5.00 seconds
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Aeon_Generator_Positions[6])
this one. What it does, it picks random point in area (pretty much area between 2 big circles), creates dummy and that dummy casts Flame Strike-based spell there, and it loops every 5 seconds.

And what it also does, it crashes my game. Everything works fine, but when i enable this trigger, it suddenly crashes. I dont know why, when or what, but something with this crashes.

So, anybody has got any idea what is so sick with that trigger? am i having some major leak-like problem there? :D
Or it might be combination of something? Like, when Timer expires and at the same moment other trigger is run, it crashes or what? Would one need more information to track what crashes it or not?

Thanks for help :D

Level 7
That would be like 15 triggers, so apparently this isnt that part which bugs? :D
I hoped this would suffice, that this part bugs, but if its combination of more triggers causing commotion together, i could either get some tips what could cause it, or i should back-track it somehow?

Level 6
It crashes at the end of the trigger? Or at the begging??

I think that is better to use a loop instead of a timer. You could create or run 2 triggers at the same time.

Leaks dont cause crash.... you will have to get 1.00000000000000000 leaks to do it.

timers... in the other hand caused crashes in my map. And for you it will work a Loop every 5 seconds very good ^^

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It would default to the center of the map.
Usually, but w3e specification does not require the centre be 0. Just it is recommended and done by WE since it provides the best results.

I advise making sure this is not near the edge of the map and...
Unit - Create 1 Lava Pool for Player 12 (Brown) at Aeon_Generator_Positions[6] facing Default building facing degrees
When the unit is created it either has no collision or is created in a clear area. I have often seen crashes caused by unit creation.

Level 15
Usually, but w3e specification does not require the centre be 0. Just it is recommended and done by WE since it provides the best results.

I advise making sure this is not near the edge of the map and...
Unit - Create 1 Lava Pool for Player 12 (Brown) at Aeon_Generator_Positions[6] facing Default building facing degrees
When the unit is created it either has no collision or is created in a clear area. I have often seen crashes caused by unit creation.

Well that mean that point does cause crashes? Alright , Check if you have stored it into a variable ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.