• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone, i have game crash problem that occures every time when hero dies.(out of memory error...)

it started when after i had put this triggers:
  • Revive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) controller) Equal to User
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start (Expiring timer) as a One-shot timer that will expire in 10.00 seconds
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Set loc = (Random point in Respawn_Region[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at loc, Hide revival graphics
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)
  • Revieve part2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 9
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) controller) Equal to User
    • Actions
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to 0

Level 28
The second trigger doesn't do all that much and I don't see any problem with it, so I'm going to mentally scrap that from what could potentially cause any trouble.

In the first trigger, I don't get this part here:
  • Countdown Timer - Start (Expiring timer) as a One-shot timer that will expire in 10.00 seconds
There is no expiring timer (this refers to the event "Timer expires", which isn't there in your trigger).
Also, do try to create a better revive-trigger (one that doesn't use waits), because the current one may bug and never actually revive a hero.

Level 4
hmm.. i dont realy know how to make revive trigger that dont use waits :/
how can i make it so it dont bug and that is shows timer that count`s down when will hero revive... if you know what i mean

Level 15
hmm.. i dont realy know how to make revive trigger that dont use waits :/
how can i make it so it dont bug and that is shows timer that count`s down when will hero revive... if you know what i mean

He means that where you input "Expired Timer" its a place reserved for variable of the type "timer", since you input it like this it might be the reason for the game crush.

Level 4
yea, it was becouse of "expired timer" i deleted it and tested map, and game didnt crash...

Status
Not open for further replies.