• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

trigger help (probably easy to help me so check it out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
  • ctf respawn
    • Events
      • Time - timer_revive[1] expires
      • Time - timer_revive[2] expires
      • Time - timer_revive[3] expires
      • Time - timer_revive[4] expires
      • Time - timer_revive[5] expires
      • Time - timer_revive[6] expires
      • Time - timer_revive[7] expires
      • Time - timer_revive[8] expires
      • Time - timer_revive[9] expires
      • Time - timer_revive[10] expires
      • Time - timer_revive[11] expires
      • Time - timer_revive[12] expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint1 = (Random point in Region 001 <gen>)
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Player((Integer A))) to TempPoint1 over 0.10 seconds
      • Wait 0.25 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Mage for (Player((Integer A))) at TempPoint1 facing (Random real number between 0.00 and 360.00) degrees
      • Set hero[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Unitgrp_invulnerable
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint1 using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint1)

thats my trigger. now doing 12 "if - then -else" functions would be stupid, but how can i tell the actions to be performed for the player who corresponds to the timer array ?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Use hashtables to attach the player to the timer (use GetHandleID() for the main index and the child to be a string hash of a string like "player") and then you can get the expired timer via the native which you can then use to retreive the corosponding player from the hashtable.

Level 9
im afraid i have no clue what hashtables are, nor how to use them properly. but thanks, i will look into it, i believe i saw a hashtable tutorial on her recently.

they seem to be useful stuff :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.