• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] creating a unit causes game to crash.. SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Hivers, I'm at the moment very confused of how this simple trigger can cause the game to crash. Nothing else should be interupting it, and if I only create 1 unit, lets say only the Tomes Shop, it won't crash, but as soon as I go on to the next unit, it crashes the game..

For some reason if I switch the other shops to random units, it won't crash the game?

• Create Shops
    • Events
      • Time - Timers[1] expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Tomes Shop for Neutral Passive at (Center of Shop 001 Tomes <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Shops[1] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Summoning Abilities for Neutral Passive at (Center of Shop 002 Summoning <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Shops[2] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Autocast Abilities for Neutral Passive at (Center of Shop 003 Autocast <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Shops[3] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Passive Abilities I for Neutral Passive at (Center of Shop 004 Passive I <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Shops[4] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Passive Abilities II for Neutral Passive at (Center of Shop 005 Passive II <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Shops[5] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Active Spells I for Neutral Passive at (Center of Shop 006 Active I <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Shops[6] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Active Spells II for Neutral Passive at (Center of Shope 007 Active II <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Shops[7] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Active Spells III for Neutral Passive at (Center of Shop 008 Active III <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Shops[8] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Active Spells IV for Neutral Passive at (Center of Shop 009 Active IV <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Shops[9] = (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( gg_trg_Create_Shops )
I am very confused, and have been struggeling with this problem for a while now..

- SeXyTriXyWOLF

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
What abilities do the created units have?
Are there other triggers, that are connected to the shops or units in general?

Level 2
What abilities do the created units have?
Are there other triggers, that are connected to the shops or units in general?

Only items is added to the shops, in the object editor, nothing else is connected with the shops yet, I had some abilities that caused game crash when I set their variable, but I took them out for now. This trigger is the only thing that is doing anything with the shops?

(EDIT)
They have the "Select Hero", Invulnerable(Neutral) and the Shop Purchase Item, abilities

Last edited:
Level 2
Probably not trigger related. My guess is that one of your units got some invalid field in the object editor.

They all have the same values in all fields, except the items they sell.
and all the items they sell also have the same values, except the names and tooltips?

(EDIT)
You were completely right, as only 3 of the shops is causing a crash, so it must be one of the item fields, that the shops sell, that is invalid. gonna go through them now.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Can also be dependency equivalence related. If there is some sort of infinite dependency loop it will instantly cause a crash once the unit type is loaded, even if loaded by selecting a builder which can build it. That said this might not apply to your case, but I cannot be sure as not all information is present.

Level 2
I found out it was 3 different items where the tooltips was broken. in 3 different shops.
Phase Shift, Rejuvenation, Blink.

also I tried to simply just clear the tooltips completely in those 3 items, and suddently the shops gave no crashes.
Although I wonder what was the problem, as I double checked everything, the length, the refering to ability ID's and Ability Data Fields, everything was after the book..

Then I tried to add back the tooltips, where I replaced the refered ability ID-Data-Fields with plain text instead, which works fine now.

I just find it very odd that I can refer the data fields in the ability itself, where it works, but when I refered the data fields in just those items, it crashed.

Problem is solved now. thanks for telling me about the tooltips!

Status
Not open for further replies.