• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tribal Camp

The people have spoken! I bring you, the "tribal camp"! After a voted decision, give you what you've been waiting for.

This is meant as a doodad. But, it has the required anims for a building as well.

READ THIS BEFORE DOWNLOADING.

ANIMATION: All the anims required for a standard WC3 building. (Stand, Stand Work, Birth, Death, and Decay.) I don't want to here anything about the model "only going halfway down before death". This is the way all of the Blizzard buildings are. I hate it when people get all 'nicky picky'.

DETAIL: I worked a bit harder to make a more detailed doodad/building this time.

FILE SIZE: I worked VERY hard to preserve file size. (45kb!)

UVW: The UVW is fine as far as I can see.

PERFORMANCE: Yes, the polys are a bit high. But heck. People have good coms these days, and it's a building/doodad for crying out loud.

TEXTURES: All ingame. I used atleast 5 different textures.

PARTICLES: All the particles are accounted for here. For instance, when the building/doodad is in work stance, the fireplace lights up.

That covers it! Enjoy.

PS: Oh and mechanical man, you wanted a detailed building. ;)

Keywords:
Tribe, tribal, tent,
Contents

Tribal Camp (Model)

Reviews
20:52, 21st Oct 2008 Dan van Ohllus: Works ingame. The model looks great and very useful.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

20:52, 21st Oct 2008
Dan van Ohllus:
Works ingame. The model looks great and very useful.

Level 31
Beautiful, i give it a 5/5. the animations are simple yet not horrible. and the UV and geoset for it is very well made, overall, very good job

Thank you. I spent a large amount of time on detail. Such as, the hanging animal skin.

Indeed, the anims are very simple. That's because it is a doodad. It has the capabilities of a building though. Also, they work, and that's all that really matters. They work and they do the job.

Level 26
I like that model.The ingame textures are well chosen,the appearance is nice and the poly count is good too. You also found a good way to add team color.
There is no particle overload which is good aswell. The animations aren´t anything special, but it´s just a building.

This model is really useful for someone who wants to create an orc/tauren/troll map.
Rated with 4/5

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
1. Of course. What kind of fool do you take me for!? :D

2. Hmm... While I have no intent of re-releasing an edited version (even with credits), I have no way to protect my custom maps. Is that also what you're talking about (i.e., NO, don't use it because you're just spreading it around with your un-protected maps)?

Level 31
1. Of course. What kind of fool do you take me for!? :D

2. Hmm... While I have no intent of re-releasing an edited version (even with credits), I have no way to protect my custom maps. Is that also what you're talking about (i.e., NO, don't use it because you're just spreading it around with your un-protected maps)?

That's fine if it is unprotected, just don't resubmit or anything.

Level 4
This looks wonderful, just the right level of detail for a neutral building. The Bliz tents make good destructables but not real buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.