• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tress visibility :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi guys i would like to ask if anyone of you know how to make a system that when a player is coverd by a tree the tree's visiblity will go down allowing the player to be seen thanks guys hoping for some good answers :D

Level 30
Hi guys i would like to ask if anyone of you know how to make a system that when a player is coverd by a tree the tree's visiblity will go down allowing the player to be seen thanks guys hoping for some good answers :D

Looks like this is hard. But how about make a trigger when a unit comes near on a tree, replace the tree with a dummy that looks like that tree but its visibility is down. I'll try to make a trigger....lol but dont expect me to know but I'll try.:thumbs_up:

Level 10

Why don't you make a trigger that make trees to die when hero comes near them?))) Kind of he breaks tham with his ass :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 30
Why don't you make a trigger that make trees to die when hero comes near them?))) Kind of he breaks tham with his ass :ogre_hurrhurr:

It will not make the visibility go down but kill it. What he meant, if you go near a tree, the tree will be like transparent granting you sight. I think this requires Advance triggering for me.... quite hard. Still thanks for helping, the guy here, bro!

Level 10
It will not make the visibility go down but kill it. What he meant, if you go near a tree, the tree will be like transparent granting you sight. I think this requires Advance triggering for me.... quite hard. Still thanks for helping, the guy here, bro!

I know what he ment))) I'm just kidding)))

Using dummy is a pretty good idea... I would try it first of all :thumbs_up:

Level 30
I know what he ment))) I'm just kidding)))

Using dummy is a pretty good idea... I would try it first of all :thumbs_up:

Yes, that seems pretty easy to do but when you try it in trigger, its quite hard. First of all, it is hard to make a trigger where the tree can detect units in its range and making a dummy for it. For I see no trigger like that...

Level 30
he could use dummy trees from the start if his unit's don't gain lumber)))

No found more easier way. Instead of making dummy, use this trigger:

• Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
This will make visibilty go down but I dont know if it applies on dooodads and destructible.

But still dont know, what event will fit for this base on Legendary's question.

Level 23
Well, if the player is controlling only one unit the whole game, you can check periodically if any tree is near that unit then replace the picked trees with dummy ones.. or replace those trees with dummies that have tree models.. then use this trigger action to make the dummy unit transparent (I believe that that action doesn't work on destructibles)..

Hell_Master said:
  • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency

Status
Not open for further replies.