• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Make waygate visible through fog of war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi,

I have a few waygates going on my map but they aren't visible through fog of war - they function as a cave network and it's pretty annoying when they pop into view.

Can anyone help me make these permanently visible to all players without revealing who would go through the waygates?

Thanks!

Level 12
Hm, maybe you could just use regions and a circle of power (generally used) or some other objective and move the units trough triggers to another position. I feel like this is the easiest solution for your issue.

Since you would need a way to create visibility to all players to see the waygates and if you wanted to prevent other people from seeing who goes trough you would probably need to hide the unit and then move it anyways to the waygate and so on.

You could also disable visibility for other players when someone is close to the waygate, but that would require a region anyways. You could also preplace units to the waygate for each player and then replace them with a unit with light radius 1 when someone is close to the waygate.

First thoughts.

Level 7
Create a visibility region around the waygate when the map launches that grants visibility to all players, then disable it immediately. Then the waygate will appear in the fog of war but you won't see any future activity around it. Hopefully I understood your request right (it sounds like you are using black mask and thus can't see the waygate at all until you get close to it)

Level 4
Both great ideas, i forgot i had set false flag to is building so after i removed fog of war it would disappear again, drove me nutty.

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.