• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I make buildable WayGates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been crunching for quite a few hours, trial and error, and have yet to successfully make it so you can build a WayGate.

My idea: to make it so only specific units can enter through the waygate. My map will have like 10 different races, and anyone that picks the race with the waygate should be able to travel through friendly or self waygates. I don't want enemies to pass through, nor allies that didn't pick the race.

Help would be SUPER appreciated, and awesome! Plus, you win in the game of life.

Level 2
Or you could give an original building the Waygate ability, and probably edit the Waygate ability to Allies only or something of that sort.

Level 2
Any new help would be appreciated! It would be awesome to have just the one race be able to go through. I wouldn't mind making 10 triggers for each unit in the Race. Whatever might work!

Level 13
change model on any other building and make
trigger
event:
unit finishes building
condition:
building being constructed equal to way gate
race of ovner of building being constructed equlal to any race
action:
add constructed building to unit group
set variable regionforyourrace=point of constructed building

event: