• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disabling Fog of War {not working with Visibility trigger actions}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello there!

I've got an issue regarding disabling fog of war.

I've tried going into Trigger Editor -> Visibility -> Disable Fog of War.
Started the map, and there were still Fog of War.

I've also tried making a rectangle, and disabling fog of war in that particular rectangle, still - nothing happened.

Please help, is there a setting which needs to be disabled or something =(?

Level 1
pooop

Seas =)

To disable the Fog of War you need first to disable Black Mask ;)

When you use the Disable - the fog of war IS disable but the black mask is "over" the fog
Hmm, It doesn't work =(
  • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visiblity across Rect 001 <gen>
  • Visibility - Disable black mask
This is how my Trigger looks.

( and hey I see your first post?^^ Welcome to hive =D )
Hihi, thanks<3 =)

*EDIT* Yay, I fixed it. Forgot to put the trigger " game time elapsed " thingy. Also thanksssssssssssssss<3333

Level 12
Well, I don't know why this would happen.
A trigger would have been my first choice, but since this does'nt seem to work you could try an override.
I think there is a choice to edit line of sight, if there is set it to 99999 or smth, else try to fill the map with allied flying units with no model and hide the player in scorescreen and minimap.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Are you sure the triggers is even running in the first place?
Make sure it runs on an event that occurs after map initialization like 1 second into the game. Secondly test if the trigger runs via a clear text message.

Finally fidget with the masks and visability until the result you are after is achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.