• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you disable fog of war for one player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is because to deal with individual players only you have to use visibilty modifiers, Idk exactly what your trying to setup sooo.. But you can NO, or YES to fog of war dealing with a specific player using visibilty mod's instead of taking fog away from all palyers and then having to fix 11 of them or so.

Even the GetLocalPlayer() doesn't work ?
It does. You can use a local block here to deactivate fog of war for only one player.
This should do the trick:

JASS:
if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(x) then
        call FogEnable(false)
        call FogMaskEnable(false)
    endif
If you don't want the black mask to be disabled, remove the FogMask line.
X is the player number of the player you want it to be disabled for. (0 means player 1)

Level 3
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Player 1(Red)) emitting Visibility across (Entire Map)
Wouldn't that work? I usually just use this where I do it for the Player Group (All Players) when I want to give everyone visibility for my entire map. You could replace the (Player 1(Red)) with any player you want and replace (Entire Map) with any region you want...

Status
Not open for further replies.