• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transforming a unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am trying to make a spell which transforms My Dark Ranger into a Hawk.(unsucessfuly)

I've tried making an ability called "air form" but whenever i add it to my hero, then testing it, a fatal error comes out.

I've also tried copying a Druid of the Talon, which alwayd has a "storm crow form. Now the problem with this one is that i do not know how to turn this druid of the talon into a hero stasis.

Can anyone Help?

Level 11
Use Metamorphosis or maybe Crow Form is fine. Simply copy your hero, set the copied hero's model to a Crow, set movement type to Fly, and add both units the ability.
Then change the ability's values, set Alternate Unit to the "copied" hero with Crow model.

Level 1
Humm... I must have explained it wrong.

Im trying to do something like in DotA, Dragon Knight can turn into a "Elder Dragon Form."

Yes i have tried Metamorphasis. However, When i change the "metamorphasized" model into a air unit, the fatal error comes out. But if i change the Morphed unit's model into a land unit, everything works fine...

Level 1
lol i have the same problem

by the way, how do we retain the animation of the convertion part where A unit changes into something?

i would like to make a unit to do the metamorphosis animation but still remain the same unit without changing unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.