• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trade'n'Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Trade'n'Purchase
image.png
Genre: Simulator
Amount of players: 1
Storyline: A small island in the centre of the ocean. Not a strategic point, not even an important place, but there are lots of resources, which immigrants have to extract. Of course, local nations won't like it...
Description: Economics game-simulator. At the beginning you have just 10 workers and a Command Centre. Pressing a special button a dialog is being created. There you can order your workers to extract gold, lumber, ore (with a mine), coal (with a mine) and stone.
To build a mine, you have to press a special button "Buildings" in the Command Centre.
There are totally 4 tables:
  • Number of workers, extracting gold, lumber, ore, coal and stone.
  • Total number of workers; number of free workers.
  • Number of daily exported gold, lumber, ore, coal, stone
  • Number of daily exchange of resources

Maximum amout of workers - 200.
Maximum amout of buildings - 45, without mines
Types of buildings: Mine, Guard tower, Watch tower, Blacksmith, Town Hall, Outpost, Wall, Mill, Barn, Farm, House, Detached house.
You can set the camera as you wish with your mouse.

Features and their readiness:
  • AI (80%)
  • Landscape (95%)
  • Extracting resources system (55%)
  • Transport and export/import system. (30%)
  • Combat System (20%)
Screenshots
Team creating map: Trade'n'Purchase Team
In the attachments you can see a game interface. Interface by Tr!KzZ
P.S. Sorry for my english)
P.P.S. Map is going to be in a few languages: English, German, Russian and French.

Attachments

• Interface.jpg
    Interface.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 151
Level 4
Yep. You know, it's not a simple convert Wood => Gold or Gold => Wood.
You put the resources on a ship, a ship sinks goes to another place. The time it goes depends on the weather and the position of the final destination.
So much !@#$

Level 4
Wearon System.
The most valuable thing in a map - amazing battle system.
A simple worker model has got about 50 animations, adapted for the weapons (total size of the model ~5 mb.). Every worker has a different wearons (nearly every.)) There are totally about 50 weapons, 5 different arrows for the bows.
Here you can see most of the weapons:
image.png

Last edited:
Level 4
Ooops, sry)
BTW, we have nearly finished simulator of the life and work. So the peasants work. When they're free they walk, they shop, they come into groups, they talk, they panic. Of course are lots of bugs^^
We're testing it now.

Level 19
A trading game, just what I always dreamt of, good job there:)
Maybe a multiplayer one once it's fully compelted.

Level 4
Multiplayer... We have to extract all the models to MPQ for players to download, cause map size >50 mb. Quiet a good idea, but it will be definitely laggy^^
And it takes too much time to do a multiplayer...((

Level 13
you can use them in your map just don't share them with people.
Like me I have like 20 or so Icons all from WoW in my map. Though I have every icon from WoW but the new ones in Cata.

Level 4
Okay, but why?) ;D
So I nearly finished the landscape of the Demo version.
Unfortunately I have some problems with girlfriend, so I might be inactive.
But my team is still working)

Level 13
cause hiveworkshop don't like is why. So they put it as against the rules to do that. Just don't try and give them to people through a zip file or that on this site.

Level 4
Sorry for me being stupid, but you mean that I should give people the models which are on the screenshot?

Level 13
no don't give the models to anyone anything you steal from WoW, Guild Wars and that don't share with people on this site though this site.

Level 4
Huh, it's madness!
Can i borrow at least "construction" of the unit from WoW?
Creating my own animations and skelet is... !@#$%

Level 19
Honestly, if this turns out good, I won't care if it's multi or not, I'll play this like playing Sim City 3000, it looks promising.

Level 4
Update:
Total number of workers decreased (from 200 to 50), but now every worker is a character! Every worker has special model (~300 kb), special abilities & etc.

Level 19
Looks cool, so... Will the game be like, in Warcraft III's style of gathering resources or your custom method?

Status
Not open for further replies.