• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This is an old map I've been working on and off since around 2004 when I first started playing around the world editor. I've recently started working on it again. It has come quite a long way but it's far from complete. Please give suggestions for improvement.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/rise-civilizations-v-1-38-a-90397/

General Description:

This is a heavily modified melee map based of Empire Earth. Military units take no food and are relatively cheap and fast to produce compared to standard melee maps (only workers and markets do). You start off at the stone age and work your way up to the Nano and Post-Apocolapytic Age, increasing your technology and economy while fending off rivaling civilizations. Choose allies wisely and remember that ultimately it is the last capital remaining that determines the winner.

There's two forms of resource, gold and lumber. Gold can be harvested from mines or earned by building market places. You can speed up gold collection from the mines with an upgrade at the blacksmith. Also, each marketplace will give a steady gold output of 10 gold every 10 seconds. You can research marketting upgrades to increase that 10 to 15,20,25 and so on.

Lumber is a bit trickier to speed up. You will need to age up and get better workers in order to collect lumber faster. For example, a medieval worker will gather lumber at approximately 3x the speed of a stone age worker.

Towers and walls may also prevent early rushes but become less effective as ages pass by. Stealthed fighters and transports can just as easily get through them and target your workers!

Single Player exists too if you wish to play as red, creeps will spawn and attack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some general goals for the future of this map:

-Reworking the entire terrain. At the moment I think it's a bit flat and bland but I'm not that great at making terrain
-fixing up trigger effiency
-replacing many modern units with custom relevant icons
-adding wonders/unique civilizations (everyone is the same atm)

Any other things that need balance, please comment!

Early Game

2u5cs21.jpg

2im3psg.jpg

Medieval Siege

2u4hpuo.jpg

Mass Production of Aircraft

2prry2p.jpg

Getting ready for a huge battle in the middle:

2wh2e88.jpg

Lastly but not least:

I do not own any of the models/skins.

Credits go to: