• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Civilization Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Civilization Battle

Credits
God = Hahaha. Obviously without him I am a no no to this world
Blizzard Entertainment = Obviously without it, we are nothing!
Hiveworkshop = Thanks guys
Rise of Nations and Civilization Wars = Inspired me
Rise of Nations = For the Resources idea...and icons
Civilization 4 and 5 = For the Technologies and icons
Wikipedia = For the meaning of the Technologies, Structures, etc. ^^
Google = Help me searched for things I need.
My Brain = Obviously without him I dunno where I'll go
and many...many...many more... (Lost count on it.)
The Story Behind the Making
It is all started when I am playing some kind of Civilization Game called Rise of Nations. Then an idea come to me and started to create this type of map. A something like-Melee Map. Build structures, train a great army and boom! Conquer your enemies.

=-Sometime in the month of October-=
I started out a simple terrain and Lah...lah...lah... but an inspirations got onto me since that time I was bored and played a map (Yes, it is A Warcraft III: Frozen Throne Map) called Civilization Wars. An idea came to me and then create an something like-AoS Melee Map.

=-October 13, 2010-=
I got realized that time that a lot of losers will just hack the map and put some silly cheats on it. (BTW, I am a cheater. But hate cheating things.) So I planned to follow the same way as the Rise of Nations Resources. The 6 resources of Rise of Nations. FOOD, TIMBER, KNOWLEDGE, Wealth, METAL and the most important resource in our generation, OIL. Also a friend of mine (named Josef. A wanna be modler of Wc3) help me about the icons, ideas of Civilization.

=-October 14, 2010-=
A very little tiny problem and another problem attacked me that forced me to find another solution to it.

=-Sometime between October 15, 2010 to October 31,2010-=
Bored at making the map. I am playing Grand Chase at this period.

=-November 1, 2,3 and 4, 2010-=
My boss (The chef of what I am selling. I am selling cassava cakes) stopped for a while cause of the holidays. Forced me to stop the map for a while cause of "financial" problems (Wondering about financial problems? I am working a map [Actually 4 of it] on a shop.)

=-November 5, 2010-=
Working on it ^_^

How to Play???
Build = Build a base together with your team mates on your area
Train = Train units. You'll need some resources to do that so save some amount due.
Destory = Destroy the other capitals of your enemy.
Legends
Age = In Game already
Age = Working on it
Age = Not yet
Ages
Ancient Age
Classical Age
Medieval Age
Renaissance Age
Enlightment Age
Industrial Age
Modern Age
Information Age
Post-Apocalyptic Age = (I am waiting for the world to end just to research about this age.)
Things I need
A Minimap Preview
A Loading Screen
and some models (cause I think hive got a lot of aging models)
Progress
Terrain = 10% (I don't about it but I think I need something about the terrain)
Units = 5% (Got a lot of units from ages to do the trick)
Triggers = 5% (Will only need a few of triggers but some units will need triggers for the resources)
Models = 50-100% (I think Hive got a lot of it. ^^)
Overall = 25-50% Incomplete, unfinished but playable)

Edit: My PC is very loggy here. So I like to end the post right here for a while and I'll update it tomorrow. Here is the map. I'll upload it here. I like to test it to you. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Civilization Battle RM.w3x
    354.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 11
Just a few hints on your description:
I started out a simple terrain and Lah...lah...lah...
Being more serious would get the project to be considered as such.

Bored at making the map. I am playing Grand Chase at this period.
Sticking to relevant information is in my opinion a valuable quality for a description.

Also, for an even better description explain what makes this map unique and eventually better than other maps of the same type. Consider putting credits at the end of the thread. Religious affiliation feels irrelevant.

Other than that, nice use of BB Code.

Yours,
Chizume

Level 11
I am serious at everything. Even jokes and franks from people I don't know I take it seriously and I do things seriously. Terrain is not my thing and I am getting nervous creating it. Well, I put credits to the top since I want people to know first about what things that helped me. I consider this things as VIP

Status
Not open for further replies.