• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Harvesting Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So I'm working on a project which the resources are like Rise of Nations/Age of Empires where you allocate your citizens to places like farms, blacksmiths, barracks etc, but some triggering will be hard. Because there are no conditions to check what is loading them, and to see if they remain loaded, I cannot make the variables match up right. Any ideas?

Level 4
I think load/unload is an ability. Maybe you could do something with that, i.e.
Events - a unit starts the effects of an ability
Conditions - ability being cast equal to "load"/"unload"
any other conditions
Actions:
Whatever

I don't know if that made any sense, but its a possiblity I guess.
cool idea, by the way!

Level 16
You can't check what is loading/unloading. I need that and also the condition to see how many of a unit it has loaded. The MAIN problem is getting those to work, with the variables because I am using about 6 different resources--Food, Lumber, Metals, Rock, Knowledge, and Wealth/Money

Level 4
well, if you are going by the ability thing, you can use the condition, casting unit equal to whatever, or target of ability being cast. That could help check what they are loading into. In fact, I believe that might take care of the number of units problem as well, if the trigger fires for every unit that "casts" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.