• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Civilizations at War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Civilizations at War made by John_Paul@Azeroth (Warcraft 3)
John_Paul@USeast (Starcraft)
ws-Johnpaul (hive)

This map is a world where you must conquer cities in order to win, cities being gold mines. However, your technology starts off with muskets and swords, and to gain an edge over barbarians and opposing players, you must buy researches. Set up your cities, deploy your armies, conquer this world.

Technology goes from pre-industrial to future. Money is gained by mining from Cities (Gold mines that look like castles) with Citizens (1 type of worker). Harvest wood from trees with regular or wisp-type (more expensive) harvesters. Units are available for land, air, and sea, and there are various types of defensive structures.

Have fun with the map, and please tell me what you think of it, i need some feedback. This is the first map i've actually tried on and i want to know how i did so far, as well as what to improve on.

Below are some screenshots and the map link.

Attachments

• Screenshot3-Civsatwar.jpg
    Screenshot3-Civsatwar.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot4-Civsatwar.jpg
    Screenshot4-Civsatwar.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot1-Civsatwar.jpg
    Screenshot1-Civsatwar.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot5-Civsatwar.jpg
    Screenshot5-Civsatwar.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 123
  • screenshot6-Civsatwar.jpg
    screenshot6-Civsatwar.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 135
  • Civilizations at War.w3x
    2.7 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Level 2
I appreciate the comments. Chilla_Killa, any tips on how to make it look perhaps more 'realistic'?
Also, Ultra.x, ty for the Good idea comment, but also do you have any possible ideas for new structures? I’m thinking about making defensive structures that combat different unit types, and perhaps i could make some other structures upgradeable, but I’m still brainstorming.

Level 2
Put in a slightly newer version with a antivehicle tower and some new icons. To all: if you have anything to say about the map, please tell me. I try to take Criticism as Constructive Criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.