• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trackable event on hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need 2-3 buttons on my hero, that I can detect when they are hit and don't stop him when moving or autoattacking and show no animation.

Havn't found anything just right yet.

Level 7
Spells: beserk; manashield; defend; magic defense; immolition; windwalk(but has a quick fade)

Buttons just floating? wc3 DGUI <-- google search it

Level 8
I can't change the order ID on berserk, only the string.

Is there something similar that I could use that isn't an ability?

Can I give a unit an item skill that would be similar?

Item skills are based off of abilities, so you would experience the same problem.

The most reliable way of doing this is just to use the Berserk for one and then the turn-on and turn-off abilities for the rest. All you have to do is register when the spell is cast, disable the trigger, order them to cast it again, then enable the trigger. (this is so that it won't infinitely loop since the turn off spell still counts as the actual spell) Or well, at least I think it will work.

It just takes a little bit of extra work, but it is certainly manageable. The only ones that don't interrupt orders and don't have turn on/off abilities are berserk and divine shield, but divine shield will cause units to stop attacking. (I think)

Level 8
I can't seem to get stuff to trigger off the turn on/off skills,

I'm trying to remove and put back the skill, so I get it back as off.

EDIT:
Adding a potion ability, lets me click on it as fast as I want, doesn't stop my unit from doing anything but I don't see a way to detect it :/

EDIT2: found a skill that will work, but has a small delay after use even with 0 (bladestorm) also the game crashes if you try to remove bladestorm on cast

Found something interesting, using locust swarm as a blademaster transforms you

Still looking for something that is as good as berserk

EDIT3: Stand Down, and Drop Corpse doesn't stop my unit, but I can't detect the order :/

Any other ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
You could add to your hero an unit it can sell (Techtree - Units Sold Field), and then use the "a unit sells a unit" event. It won't interrupt your hero when you buy it, though the number of left units in stock will be displayed on the unit's icon...
You can also use the same technique with items

Level 8
It stops my unit when i sell to the invis unit, and that system would also mess up my stores.

Is there a way to detect when I use an item skill that I gave to my hero? (Like a potion that has no effect)

Status
Not open for further replies.