• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TP3: Ruins of Stradford V1.3 (prot)

>>>>>>The Plague 3: The Ruins of Stradford<<<<<<<

Summary: This game revolves around a fairly new concept. You choose a gametype at the start, then each player chooses a race. You then have a selection of units to choose from and the price of the unit varies based on the quality of the unit. The host may also choose to enable heroes for added strategy and difficulty. You then take points placed on the map at strategic positions which generate money for each player on your team. There is no base building involved, only tower building from tower nodes that are capturable. The game plays out from there and the winner is decided based on skill level and how well they managed their resources.

Background: The city of Stradford was taken in one of the most pivotal battles in the Plague lore. The border guard were almost wiped out in this battle but Chrigis and several other inflential leaders were able to escape. Now, years later Chrigis returns to avenge his fallen brothers and to gain an advantage over the undead. This battle could mean the defeat of the undead, or of humanity.

Credits:
-Tranquil's Royal Captain
-NatDis' Human Swordsmaster
-HappyTauren's Footman Revised and Human Archer
-Elenai's Blood Elf Shieldsman and Arch Cleric
-Callahan's Templar
-Jigrael's Spider Warlord
-Dionesiist's Imperial Captain
-General Frank's Blood Elf Pikeman, Phoenix Crusader, and Archer.
-Hawkwing's Blood Elf Crusader
-Halo's Mountain Giant Skin
-Horusrogue's Abomination Skin
-Friky's Arthas Skin

If you have any information on how to improve the game or issues you found please feel free to let me know. Thank you.

>>>>>>Changelog<<<<<<

-Version 1.2

-Fixed a bug and did minor balance changes.

-Version 1.3

-Did minor balance changes
-Units now will be removed when the owner of the units leaves the game (Update) Properly

Map is now protected.

Keywords:
The, Plague, 3, Ruins, Stradford, Plague 2, Plague 3, Zombies, Cazeoj276, Cazeoj, Heroes, Survival, Humans, Fortress, City
Contents

TP3: Ruins of Stradford V1.3 (prot) (Map)

Reviews
15:00, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 5
I've played several games of this and caz, the undead seem to win all the games unless humans are pro's and the undead suck, I think humans need buffing and undead need debuffing.

The heroes epicly fail, they die in 2 seconds of combat, they are totally not worth the micro :p
It's so easy to kill them if you focus fire, make them stronger and make their skills better.

The mana cost of the bone lich's raise dead ability is WAY too high and the cd is a little too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
Heroes are not supposed like in plague 2 or plague 1 where they kill everything. They are support units that can change a battle by using their special abilities.

Every game that I play of plague 3 has different results. Sometimes the undead get raped, sometimes the humans get raped. But every game someone says one of the races are overpowered. It switches from humans to undead. I will keep playing this game checking for imba units but as of now I do not believe they are.

Level 5
Heroes are not supposed like in plague 2 or plague 1 where they kill everything. They are support units that can change a battle by using their special abilities.

Every game that I play of plague 3 has different results. Sometimes the undead get raped, sometimes the humans get raped. But every game someone says one of the races are overpowered. It switches from humans to undead. I will keep playing this game checking for imba units but as of now I do not believe they are.

thats because your games caz, most of the time, arent with random people. normaly you play with people who played before. Also you yourself are pro at this and tell ur allies what to do, where as in a game with rand ppl theres (most of the time) no pro on other side to tell whem what to do. Try playing as undead, get a person to set modes.

Level 15
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

Overall an interesting map, featuring an epic battle with different game modes.

[+]Your file size is big but your surely have a great use for all imported material.
[+]Terrain was fine, and those small tomes over and there(i think its a diary right?) make the map even more interesting and realistic.
[+]About balance i think its fine.
[-]When the map started i didn't know what to do, it took me long enough to read the info in F9 and then after i typed the mode i still didn't know what to do.You should add camera and selection to help new players.
[-]Your description is average, could be improved.I also found a few typos in your map, double check it.
[-]Your map was unprotected, so i also had a look over your triggers.You have to improve your knowledge over triggering and you also have to learn how to clean leaks.

Overall rating:2/5
If you want to get this approved you have to improve it.My suggestions are to learn more about triggers and clean leaks.You could also make your units level up, gaining a few basic skills like Defend(which makes you take reduced damage from piercing attacks) thus making it more interesting.
~ r3

Level 5
Map Review

You could also make your units level up, gaining a few basic skills like Defend(which makes you take reduced damage from piercing attacks) thus making it more interesting

oh god please, no defend. it is my worst nightmare since i am terrible at microing units to make them defend, and if defend is added it will cause units to become weaker or undead to be stronger to balance, which will be a nightmare, please caz dont put in defend, unless it is permement.

Level 3
I meant when I said features like: side quests to make legendary weapons saving civilians and things you can do if you're playing solo.

Level 10
Ty for the review. I was really hoping for at least a three to get it approved. I dont think a map shouldnt be approved due to leaks in triggers. Also ill add stuff for the newbies that play because it can be confusing. Mostly because not too many people read at start.

Level 10
How the f*ck to build units...? And seriously change the mode system... This one sucks hard :p

First off thanks for the wonderful rating. Secondly if you dont know how to make units you either 1# cannot read or 2# do not pay attention to any text. The mode system is as simple as physically possible, you type in a game mode and it happens. Also I do not know another way that is easier then typing it in, if you have another way plz let me know. As for this one sucks hard thanks a lot and that is a matter of opinion. And my opinion of your opinion is that you didnt even PLAY the game because you dont know how to make units . Thanks....really

Last edited:
Level 7
I actually did, but after a while with nothing to see, I activated heroes, then we only fought with heroes. I was thinking about a dialog system, or something that automatically starts unless you type something in the first 10 seconds... Much easier for people who don't like to read a lot, but just want to play.

Level 10
Also there was some text in the loading screen that specified what to do. If any of you did not read that then you could have also gone into quests which lists everything else you can do. If you dont like to read anything well....I feel like reading to understand a game better is important. But ill prolly add an auto start timer for those who dont read