• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tower with passive spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Of course, you can. Just take it slowly. There are two ways that come to my mind to achieve your goal. One is with trigger, the other one is with object editor trick. Since trigger can be quite complicated for beginners, let's try object editor trick instead. You can learn such method here. Though, I'm not sure either if that will work on building but trying won't hurt. Just set the chain lightning cooldown to zero and follow the instructions from the tutorial.

Good luck. :)

Level 11
You can force it to work with auto attack via triggers. Triggered attack orders will proc orb effects.

Here's an example trigger from one of my maps:
  • Orb Attacks Fix
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Level of Frost Attack for (Attacking unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
          • (Level of Shockwave Attack for (Attacking unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Level 13
Huh? No, it's the function list, below that Select Unit button.
Untitled-3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.