• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Passive Chain Lightning for towers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I got problems in passive chain lightning spell when I put it for towers.
I create a chain lightning ability and Orb of Lightning (new) and set the percentage to hit to 100% so that the towers cast the chain lightning every attack. Somehow, it only work if I order (right-click the enemy) the tower to attack the enemies. When the enemies pass through, the tower won't cast the chain lightning instead it only attack the enemies with normal attack. Is there any way to solve this without the use of triggers?

Level 13
No. The orb fires only on send attacks. A good way would be, if a unit with the ability (the tower) attacks, to force an attack via triggers. Dunno if this would crash due to an endless loop, then you would have to disable the trigger befor and enable it afterwards.
Without triggers, impossible.

Level 33
It's true, if you're making a TD, don't ever use the Orb Lightning (New) or whatever an Item Ability to make the passive ability comes out from the tower, that is because it needs an attack order (smart, attack, etc) from the Player, not by the system.
In TD, your tower can't even move, or control all at once to attack a certain unit, therefore, the ability is bugged throughout the game

One solution is to use trigger, try this test map below.

Attachments

• Simple Active-Passive Spell System.w3x
    14.4 KB · Views: 79
Level 13
The orb works if the order is sent by purpose. It doesn't have to be a player-sent order but just not an automatic order due to the acquisition range. If the order is resent by a trigger the or works.
You system is heavily abusable. You can stop-spam and the trigger will fire about 5 times per second. Depending on the orb this could be ridicolous.

Check the map below (just changed your map):

Attachments

• Simple Active-Passive Spell System.w3x
    13.7 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.