• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Torch Attachment

Simple edit of the HumanTorch model that has been rotated to be used as a weapon. I also removed the Death animation, and had no choice but to remove the Omni, as it caused the water to light up through the fog of war.

Uses ingame textures. Give credits and enjoy.

Nov. 24, 2008 - model submission
Nov. 25 - Model scaled to about 60%, and created a blue one just for fun.
- Tried to get a better screenshot
Dec. 3 - Put the omni back in. Do NOT use the regular torch doodad as an item model when using this attachment. The leftover omnis like to bug the terrain. (thanks Pyritie)

Keywords:
Torch, mob, light, attachment, RPG
Contents

Torch Attachment (Model)

Reviews
18:24, 27th Nov 2008 Pyritie: Could be useful.
Level 4
Hey! Nice work man. Also, plz make a proyectile version of your antorch, it can be useful and original. What you think?

Level 3
Well, if it causes the water to light up it isnt that big of a problem, it is a torch, you would see it afar...

ack-tu-ali, you could submit the version WITH the omni, it would be more useful for me.

I'm only suggesting tho... :) Very Practical 5/5

Level 4
This model works alot better on most units than the old one. Really useful.
There's just this one thing though.. When "destroying" this attachment from a unit, the attachment still remains in the hand of the unit a few extra seconds before it disappears. Is that something that has to be changed on the model, or can I do something about this in the WE?

Level 7
This model works alot better on most units than the old one. Really useful.
There's just this one thing though.. When "destroying" this attachment from a unit, the attachment still remains in the hand of the unit a few extra seconds before it disappears. Is that something that has to be changed on the model, or can I do something about this in the WE?

It may have something to do with the attachment, as I used Magos to remove the death animation. I left the stand animation at its default length (because I still have absolutely no clue what I'm doing).

Level 28
  1. Import this model to the Import Manager
  2. Open the Trigger Editor tab (F4)
  3. Click on Ctrl-R to create a new action
  4. Find this type of action : Special Effect
  5. Click on "Create special effect on unit"
  6. Do this :
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the right hand of Villager 0000 <gen> using war3mapImported\TinyTorch1.mdx
Btw, if you don't want to use special effects, you can use attachment instead : How to: Attach a Model or an Effect to a Unit

I've attached a test map to make it a lot easier for you.

Attachments

• Torch Attachment.w3m
    17.3 KB · Views: 31