• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Top Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are not many actually known dragon heroes. Mostly they are subcharacters of villians in a humanoid orientated environment, or sub characteristics of them. The only one I know which earns the title of a hero is spyro which has made it through about a dozen games and one movie with a small group of fanatic fans.

The fact is a dragon based character will probably never be as popular as cloud strife, harry potter or mario.

Level 4
The two legged dragons from wow are called Draconics, the ones that you seen in warcraft 3 that have 4 legs are Dragonspawns (or dragonkin) and of course we all know what the dragon looks like.

Level 10
Well, it's actually none of those.
The Temeraire series takes place in an alternate timeline, during the late 18th century. The 'alternate history' part means that this world is like ours was, but with a small, almost insignificant change: there are dragons. These dragons are, for the most part, tamed by humans and used in warfare, resulting in an elite military division in most countries that specialize in dragon warfare. There is, however, a slight problem for those who want to utilize dragons in warfare: they are just as intelligent as people (or even more so). The story follows two characters, although for the most part it is from the viewpoint of the first: William Lawrence, a Navy officer turned dragon captain, and the dragon Temeraire, who Lawrence serves with. It really is a great series, and if you have any intrest at all in dragons (which, I assume, is why you are here) I suggest you pick up at least the first of the five, soon (hopefully) to be six, books.

Level 10
Crazy cow, we know what an alternate timeline is. It's in the name. lol and it sounds interesting, however, it's not a small change, since dragons would affect te entire military development of every country. We may have most of the technologies we have today, but they would look different, and possibly act different'y. and our science would be focused more on dragons.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Who needs dragons when you have a hundreds of giggaton explosive devices capable of leveling entire countries and ruining the planet if one of them is ever used...

Honestly dragons being cool and all can not replace the firepower of those. And do not forget the permanent (well millions of years) radiation they cause.

Dragons being intelligent would have resulted in a major dragon vs humans war. Almost every wild dragon would have ganged up on the humans and what ever dragons they managed to tame (or try to) and humanity would have failed pretty fast and reverted to its monkey like state.
Considering humanity has infighting amoung different genetic origans of itself over dominence, it is unlikly they would have let things as smart as dragons live. In the middle ages all of them would have been whiped out because of the belief they were the devils work and crap. Basically totally unplausable.

Level 10
Dr Super Good, you summed it up pretty easily. lol Another reason they "killed dragons" was because they ate their sheep. but that's a common excuse to get the plot moving. lol Humans don't like competition, so they try to get rid of it. and of course, we fell we need to always be at the top stage of the evolution and food chain.

Level 23
We outnumber and outgun every creature on our planet. Anything that gets in the way is removed. We have them begging for mercy. rofl. Still, I thin the concept of dragons ganging up would lead to our destruction, as well as our infighting. But yes, we are overly competitive with other native species. :p Can't change the fact without making the majority miserable, leading to further problems. Animals in life seek to dominate, to rise to the top. We, however, managed to achieve that. :p

Level 3
Well, coolest for me is Deathwing :p
First i thinked of the dragon in the game, Drakengard (1),
I was thinking of the dark dragon there, the cool darkness fire breathing, extremley strong (and whatever cool) one..

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I heard rhumors that Activision is actually doing something with Spyro the dragon... Well they basically consist of recently trademarked spyro names and a game appearing on many distribution sites with an expected release date.

This will be the first Spyro game made fully by Activision. The last one was only published by Activision Blizzard and was actually made mostly under Sierra (which was prety crap late on).

Level 9
Has any of you heard of Drakan? It's a dragon in a really old PC game... really nice story and cool game for that time (the graphics might be considered amazing for that period). I loved it... and Drakan always seemed an interesting creature... autonomous but spiritually linked to it's rider, Ryhn.

Level 10
Well, Skyrim is only the first TES game I've played, but the dragons are absolutely wonderful and fun to fight. And though the invasion isn't as widespread as I thought, the plot explains it very well. In fact, it was something I truly wasn't expecting. Though in my opinion, I could do without my horse getting killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.