• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tom and Jerry 2011 [3.6a]

Tom and Jerry 2011

version: 3.6a

This is simple tag map. Advanced version of old map Cat catch the Mouse.
There are 2 teams,Tom's team and Jerry's team.

Tom's team:

When game starts you chose from 6 different cats.You need to build base, harvest cheese and lumber, hunt all enemy mouse and kill them. When all mouse are dead you win the game. If you get killed you can revive in your main building for cost of some gold and lumber.You lose if all players from your team are dead.

Jerry's team:

You start game like 1 mouse, you need to make base quickly and surround it with barricades so cat cant reach you. Then you need to harvest cheese and lumber, make strong army and kill all cats.Remember cat can revive, so it is the best to destroy cat's main building. If you get killed your friends can save you by attacking cage where you will be captured.Cage is always located in center of map.

Shops:

4 shops with very useful items are located at the center of the map. Some stronger items from this shops can turn game in you advantage.

Commands:

-tk "on/off" (team kill on/off).
-name "text" (change your name)
-ms (curent speed of your cat or mouse).
-tp "on/off" (tips on/off).

Credits:

Special Credits go to: Lotor.t, Djordje99 and Misha

Map testers: AEtherealPhaser and Dynamiczx

Model, Skin and icon creators: D.O.G, KelThuzad, Bigapple 90, Anachron, NFWar, 67chrome, Kola, Usedwell, Callahan, General Frank, M0rbid, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Pyramidhe@d, Dionesiist, Frankster and Mechanical Man.

This map is protected!

Official map site: http://wc3tomandjerry.webs.com/

How to play Tom and Jerry online: http://wc3tomandjerry.webs.com/how-to-play

173090-albums4396-picture50541.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50535.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50536.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture41682.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50537.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50538.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50539.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50540.jpg

Version 3.0:

- Heroes in Mouse team now have 4 slots in invertory.
- Some items are limited and some are restricted for Mouse Heroes.
- Item cost changes.
- 2 new items and 1 item removed.
- Some spells and unit changes.
- More balance in cat and mouse team.
- Hot keys of some mouse spells changed.

Version 3.0a:

- 1 bug fixed.
- Some pathing problems fixed.
- Unit and upgrade cost changes.
- Small cosmetic changes.

Version 3.1a:

- 1 new cat.
- 1 bug fixed.
- Lot of balance in both teams.
- Spell and unit changes.
- New items.
- Unit cost changes.

Version 3.1b:

- Decreased damage of Falling Star spell.
- Zeppelin death slows cargo units for less time.
- Changed cost of some upgrades.
- 1 model changed.
- 1 new icon.

Version 3.1c:

- Changed hot key of Rush ability.
- Some units changes.
- Changed cooldowns of some spells.
- 1 icon changed.
- 2 new sound effects.
- Decreased map file size.

Version 3.2:

- Added tips for both teams.
- 1 bug fixed.
- Some unit and item changes.
- List of credits updated.

Version 3.3:

- New Hero for mices.
- Upgrade cost changes.
- Some unit changes.
- 1 leak fixed.
- Balance changes.
- Some tooltips fixed.
- Added some game messages.

Version 3.4:

- 1 new Ability.
- Unit cost changes.
- 1 new upgrade.
- Some balance changes.
- Small spell changes.
- Map Info updated.

Version 3.5:

- New upgrade for mices.
- Fixed problem with hero level up.
- Fixed some tooltips.
- Spell and upgrade changes.
- Small item changes.
- More balance in both teams.

Version 3.6a:

- New ability for Scout and Slasher (old name Raider).
- Small item changes.
- Changed item model.
- Added small effect when cat casting range spell.
- Some icons, models and unit names changed.
- Land mines (from shop) now have timed life.
- 1 new item in shops.
- Some changes with game tips.
- Mices have little more time before other team can pick a cat.
- Dragon Lord balanced and limited to 1.
- Few new cosmetic changes.
- Fixed few tooltips.
- Made Trailer for map.

Keywords:
Tag, Cat, Mouse, Team
Contents

Tom and Jerry 2011 [3.6a] (Map)

Reviews
13:49, 9th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 12
you are great guys, tnx for your comments and tnx for playing my map so long :D I sended friend request to both of you, i hope that you will recive them this time :) New cat is not something special but it is good, it is nice that you like it :goblin_good_job:

Level 9
Hey... i've been playing the new version for some time and i see that the 'Falling star' spell is overpowered. Having 30 damage and a stun is amazingly high at a first level... comparing it to the meteor which has only 15 damage, even with the great delay between casting the star and hitting the ground, it is still too high damage in my opinion.

Level 12
Hey... i've been playing the new version for some time and i see that the 'Falling star' spell is overpowered. Having 30 damage and a stun is amazingly high at a first level... comparing it to the meteor which has only 15 damage, even with the great delay between casting the star and hitting the ground, it is still too high damage in my opinion.

i didnt test so much so i didnt know can 30 damage be to high, but if you tested so many times, you must be right....Point of that spell is not damage, it is stun....Cat need to stun enemy units and kill them to get gold from Greed is Good spell....so damage is not rly important to spell, stun is important and increases per level....So i will decrease damage to 20 in next version (3.1b) to balance this spell....Do you think that 20 damage is ok, becouse spell have same damage in all 4 levels?

Basic mouse towers (100 hp) = that is 5 hits with this spell.
Rifleman (50 hp) = 3 hits with this spell.

Level 12
Best TAG map... i play it all day its so fun but i dont know why cats are weak or is it just me???

In older versions mouse team maybe was little stronger...but now map is balanced in my option, i only need to balance some small things that is all...Play this new version and you will see that is balanced. Also i see that is harder for cats to win becouse when mouse suround self with walls lot of nab cats dont know even how to avoid walls...that is problem, lot of nabs playing like cat....so you just think that mouse are stronger then cats :)

Level 9
Entirely true, noobs ruin the game, whether they are cats or mice. Noob cats don't know how to pass by the walls and just stand there doing nothing, while noob mice don't make the walls good and die instantly giving exp and gold to the cats.

As for 20 dmg, i think that is ok but make it stay as 20 on all levels and increase only the stun.

Level 9
Good idea with the tips!

Oh by the way... you should check that periodical message "Get the latest version on hiveworkshop" because i seen a mistyping there but i can't remember exactly which. I will check when i can and tell you.

Level 9
Found the text now...
Instead of "This map have lot of fake version" you should say "There are lots of fake versions"
In my opinion it makes much more sens this way.

Also i have the same question... at which time you usually play and in what GMT? i would like to play with you but i need to make time when you have time as well.

Level 9
Referring to the new version, i see you modified the text... also the new icon is quite cute :)... good job, keep them coming :)

As for you discussion, freeze and feronisus... i recommend going in a private message discussion because talking here on the map's thread seems a bit off topic.

Level 12
Referring to the new version, i see you modified the text... also the new icon is quite cute :)... good job, keep them coming :)

As for you discussion, freeze and feronisus... i recommend going in a private message discussion because talking here on the map's thread seems a bit off topic.

tnx man :) you are right, i wanted to write him to write me only pm

Level 9
When a game is started, everyone tries to go to the mouse side. Guess why. Very lacking on balance, 2/5 from me.

That is not true :)). My dear comrade, the game is entirely balanced... the problem is the players. The Players unbalance the game because many are noobs... sometimes i even play 2 cats vs 8 mice (i am cat along with one of my friends) and we win easily... because the mice are simply noobs... and other times we play 4 mice vs 2 cats (and i am mouse) and also this time we win because the cats are noobs...

What i want to say is that what you say is partially true, yes, there is a lack of balance... but it is not the map's fault, it is the players' fault.

Level 26
When a game is started, everyone tries to go to the mouse side. Guess why. Very lacking on balance, 2/5 from me.

Well, there are also other reasons for that. Mice are the default team players get placed on when there are free slots. Second, players feel more protected/safely when being on the majority side, especially when playing the map for the first time. Leavers are less critical there, too. And finally, in most tag maps, quarries are advantaged and it is more entertaining, building stuff and such, so there are already prejudices.

Level 9
Well, there are also other reasons for that. Mice are the default team players get placed on when there are free slots. Second, players feel more protected/safely when being on the majority side, especially when playing the map for the first time. Leavers are less critical there, too. And finally, in most tag maps, quarries are advantaged and it is more entertaining, building stuff and such, so there are already prejudices.

That is a good point of view, tag maps do have this "aura" around them... so to speak. But still we must accept that always both sides are entertaining if the map is well made, which is the case :).

Level 12

man man you are very wrong, all depends about players....This new versions are very balanced,like wc3 player say "players are problem". I cant count how many times i got raped by cats when played like mouse that i even started to belive that cats are little stronger. Noobs man, problem are noobs....lot of them dont know basic things (how to avoid or destroy walls) so they fail....Also it is normal that more people wont to play on good side not evil like in all tags. In Troll and Elfs you see that maybe 1 player of 10 want to be troll, same case in other tags....

Also man which version you played, becouse on Garena for example i found more fake then real versions...like some 4.0 that dont exist when cats cant win..?

Level 3
Does this new version you already add things where to find the latest map in the internet ? At Epicwar got many fake map , i think you should add something in the game that says '' say no to epicwar '' xD , but this game picture got www.epicwar.com at btm + right of the game picture when loading , is it ? i already forgot

Last edited:
Level 12
Does this new version you already add things where to find the latest map in the internet ? At Epicwar got many fake map , i think you should add something in the game that says '' say no to epicwar '' xD , but this game picture got www.epicwar.com at btm + right of the game picture when loading , is it ? i already forgot

Yes i alredy added text that shows where you can find latest original version (on Hive ofc)...but epicwar is still on Loading Screen and i dont wont to edit picture of Loading Screen :) I found about 50 fake versions on Epicwar...some people dont have a life...

Level 5
Another great map by Freezy :D Despite of the fact that map is based on other map, you just made it very cool and the best version out there. Thats why many people try to steal your map, so use a better protector and dont say that the one that you are using at the moment is the best one, just because it reduces the map size by 2% You are such a maniac in this map size.. :D