• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tom and Jerry 2011 [3.6a]

Tom and Jerry 2011

version: 3.6a

This is simple tag map. Advanced version of old map Cat catch the Mouse.
There are 2 teams,Tom's team and Jerry's team.

Tom's team:

When game starts you chose from 6 different cats.You need to build base, harvest cheese and lumber, hunt all enemy mouse and kill them. When all mouse are dead you win the game. If you get killed you can revive in your main building for cost of some gold and lumber.You lose if all players from your team are dead.

Jerry's team:

You start game like 1 mouse, you need to make base quickly and surround it with barricades so cat cant reach you. Then you need to harvest cheese and lumber, make strong army and kill all cats.Remember cat can revive, so it is the best to destroy cat's main building. If you get killed your friends can save you by attacking cage where you will be captured.Cage is always located in center of map.

Shops:

4 shops with very useful items are located at the center of the map. Some stronger items from this shops can turn game in you advantage.

Commands:

-tk "on/off" (team kill on/off).
-name "text" (change your name)
-ms (curent speed of your cat or mouse).
-tp "on/off" (tips on/off).

Credits:

Special Credits go to: Lotor.t, Djordje99 and Misha

Map testers: AEtherealPhaser and Dynamiczx

Model, Skin and icon creators: D.O.G, KelThuzad, Bigapple 90, Anachron, NFWar, 67chrome, Kola, Usedwell, Callahan, General Frank, M0rbid, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Pyramidhe@d, Dionesiist, Frankster and Mechanical Man.

This map is protected!

Official map site: http://wc3tomandjerry.webs.com/

How to play Tom and Jerry online: http://wc3tomandjerry.webs.com/how-to-play

173090-albums4396-picture50541.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50535.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50536.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture41682.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50537.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50538.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50539.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50540.jpg

Version 3.0:

- Heroes in Mouse team now have 4 slots in invertory.
- Some items are limited and some are restricted for Mouse Heroes.
- Item cost changes.
- 2 new items and 1 item removed.
- Some spells and unit changes.
- More balance in cat and mouse team.
- Hot keys of some mouse spells changed.

Version 3.0a:

- 1 bug fixed.
- Some pathing problems fixed.
- Unit and upgrade cost changes.
- Small cosmetic changes.

Version 3.1a:

- 1 new cat.
- 1 bug fixed.
- Lot of balance in both teams.
- Spell and unit changes.
- New items.
- Unit cost changes.

Version 3.1b:

- Decreased damage of Falling Star spell.
- Zeppelin death slows cargo units for less time.
- Changed cost of some upgrades.
- 1 model changed.
- 1 new icon.

Version 3.1c:

- Changed hot key of Rush ability.
- Some units changes.
- Changed cooldowns of some spells.
- 1 icon changed.
- 2 new sound effects.
- Decreased map file size.

Version 3.2:

- Added tips for both teams.
- 1 bug fixed.
- Some unit and item changes.
- List of credits updated.

Version 3.3:

- New Hero for mices.
- Upgrade cost changes.
- Some unit changes.
- 1 leak fixed.
- Balance changes.
- Some tooltips fixed.
- Added some game messages.

Version 3.4:

- 1 new Ability.
- Unit cost changes.
- 1 new upgrade.
- Some balance changes.
- Small spell changes.
- Map Info updated.

Version 3.5:

- New upgrade for mices.
- Fixed problem with hero level up.
- Fixed some tooltips.
- Spell and upgrade changes.
- Small item changes.
- More balance in both teams.

Version 3.6a:

- New ability for Scout and Slasher (old name Raider).
- Small item changes.
- Changed item model.
- Added small effect when cat casting range spell.
- Some icons, models and unit names changed.
- Land mines (from shop) now have timed life.
- 1 new item in shops.
- Some changes with game tips.
- Mices have little more time before other team can pick a cat.
- Dragon Lord balanced and limited to 1.
- Few new cosmetic changes.
- Fixed few tooltips.
- Made Trailer for map.

Keywords:
Tag, Cat, Mouse, Team
Contents

Tom and Jerry 2011 [3.6a] (Map)

Reviews
13:49, 9th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 12
tnx man, and tnx for checking my map :goblin_good_job:

EDIT: I found 1 big problem with hero level up.Example cat level 2 kill hero from mouse team level 10, cat gains level 12....So i made this version to fix this...I think that map now dont have bugs, i also add some new stuff in mouse team check Changelog for changes.. :)

Last edited:
Level 8
I made this map for all fans of old map Cat catch the mouse or Brazilian version of Tom and Jerry with no english description. I just started this map so pls give comments,sugestions and bug reports.

WHERE did u get that awsome cat models? can i please get the link, need cat models for an roleplay map but there arent any on entire internet

Level 8
1 guy (my friend) sended me that model :) I dont know where he finded it...Try to open "Cat cach the mouse" map with World Editor. If map is not protected you can export cat model to your pc :goblin_good_job:

this map was protected but i downloaded another v that wasnt and downloaded it, i need it in other colors (skins ) for my map (many types needed and only one model thats awsome :) thx for advice

Level 26
He didn't do nothing specially

That claim bases on which source of information? If you are privy of the work, it sounds like he at least had some support. Or how did you come to know of the project?

He simply made a good and nice map.
It's based on a variety of melee, RTS, logic and RPG elements that give it a certain feel, one that makes people play it. *smiles*

Said points are part of any tag map, infact any RTS.

Level 9
I am friend with Freeze and therefor i have some insight in his work, although i came to know his map (and him) by the simple means of being a member of the hive. Ah, and as a side mention: I am ÆtherealPhaser (my garena account), so i am one of the testers.

And... even though the said points are part of any tag map, they are in different "quantities", so to speak. Not all tags, for instance, give more value to army use rather than towers (for example, vampirism or troll vs elves). Another point would be logic, because not all tags demand that you use logical ideas to outsmart your opponents, many of them just ask you to research upgrade after upgrade on a certain building (or certain buildings) to reach some final one which will make you win the game, therefor everything being based on how fast you act, not how you act.

Of course, this is only from my personal knowledge and experience, so it is possible that i may be wrong, although i've been playing for a long time and i believe i would have noticed if things weren't really similar to what i'm saying.

Edit: zharosary, as far as i know, if Freeze would have made a 2012 version he would have announced it and uploaded it here on the hive. I fear that might be a fake.

Level 1
thx for answer :)
if it fake ,i will not play its.

ps. I do not play for awhile and come back to play last week with lastest version
it's more fun and more balance. glad to see this map up to date ^^

Level 12
hi guys :goblin_yeah: Yea zharosary that is fake version, i found about 400 fake version of this map, fans or some kids make fakes frequently....Problem is, those fakes ruin map reputation...Map was much more popular, but those fakes make players to think that map is not balanced so they stop playing thinking that they played real version....I dont have anithing against to someone edit my map if he write something like "Original by: Freeze, Edited by: "name" but they dont do that....

WaterKnight: I worked i lot to promote map and to give it to other players....

I placed map on 4-5 web sites, i made fan page on facebook, friend made trailer for me, i hosted it lot of time with Garena host bot, also best whay to other players get map is to host map on garena with good net, and to leave it hosted few hours without starting the game, players download and leave :D

If you search recipe for making popular map, that maybe dont exist...but from my experience, tag maps are best choise, they are fun and easy to make....tnx for posting guys :goblin_good_job:

Special tnx to w3.player: He helped me with his comments, testing and lot of other things :)))

Level 9
First of all... you shouldn't let the mice build a tower near your base... You have to be cautious and very very aware of details.

But in case that happens, the easiest thing to do is to become the target of the tower (you, the cat) so it won't attack your miners. Even if it still attacks, you can load your miners into the primary base (the resource silo) and let it attack the tower, hoping it's in a close range. If it's not in a close range, move your miners to another cheese pile, make 200 cheese and build a tower near the mouse tower, assuring you become the target of the tower so it won't destroy your tower until it's built.

I hope this helps, but usually, it all depends on the circumstances of the moment...

Level 12
ask strategy : how cat should do when mice make wall close and build tower to interrupt cheese harvest?

some kind of this replays:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?h5sgzzgd9n15he9
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8llp4jwottjjns8

ps. both are play with friends;all cat and mice

I checked replay, they surrouned center with walls, traped you inside center, and they also made towers......You can escape like this:

1. build main base.
2. build 1 worker.
3. Worker can walk through walls, so he can escape from trap...go with worker somewhere where mices dont have towers, start building barrack.
4. Buy charged teleport item (cost only 250 gold) and teleport your cat to barrack (barrack dont need to be finished you can teleport cat immediately.
5. Your cat is not longer traped so you can attack enemies.:goblin_good_job:

If you dont understand what i tol you i can make you replay... :ogre_datass:

Last edited:
Level 3
Can i ask some think.

I observe this map is favor to jerry. Why?

Cheese all over the map and jerry build a baricade to the cheese mine ,Tom cant have any recources. so Tom have no choice to quit and get embarrass for his/her enemy

Map rating: 3/5 Good :wink:

Level 9
Ehm wait what?

Tom team can also build... the hero has a build ability to make a primary base (resource silo)... then they make units and all that is needed...

You should check the map better before making such statements.

Level 12
Can i ask some think.

I observe this map is favor to jerry. Why?

Cheese all over the map and jerry build a baricade to the cheese mine ,Tom cant have any recources. so Tom have no choice to quit and get embarrass for his/her enemy

Map rating: 3/5 Good :wink:

First of all, in the begining of the map before cats spawn you have tower that prevent mices to build walls near center of map where cats usualy build base, and where they mine cheese.....Later you can build towers and units to prevent that mices suround your cheese mines with walls..... Like w3. player told.....;you didnt check the map good......:goblin_jawdrop:

Level 3
First of all, in the begining of the map before cats spawn you have tower that prevent mices to build walls near center of map where cats usualy build base, and where they mine cheese.....Later you can build towers and units to prevent that mices suround your cheese mines with walls..... Like w3. player told.....;you didnt check the map good......:goblin_jawdrop:
I am trying to said that Tom can be trapped in a one area trying to said

Last edited:
Level 9
Although it pains my eyes to read your reply... because of the grammar... i assume it's not your fault you don't know much english... but rather you didn't have the chance to learn it...

In any case: cats CAN be trapped in an area if they are stupid enough to let mice do that... but at the same time... there are means of escaping (Like Scroll of Town Portal/Zeppelins/other items/units). So in the end... it's all part of the game. The mices do not have any favor and they don't get any advantages...

It's ALL ABOUT THE PLAYERS, who should outwit their opponents.

Considering many do not know what this (outwit) means, here is a definition:
out·wit

tr.v. out·wit·ted, out·wit·ting, out·wits

1. To surpass in cleverness or cunning; outsmart.
2. (Archaic) To surpass in intelligence.

Level 3
Although it pains my eyes to read your reply... because of the grammar... i assume it's not your fault you don't know much english... but rather you didn't have the chance to learn it...

In any case: cats CAN be trapped in an area if they are stupid enough to let mice do that... but at the same time... there are means of escaping (Like Scroll of Town Portal/Zeppelins/other items/units). So in the end... it's all part of the game. The mices do not have any favor and they don't get any advantages...

It's ALL ABOUT THE PLAYERS, who should outwit their opponents.

Considering many do not know what this (outwit) means, here is a definition:
I mean that grammar ..
ahahahhahh

ok no comment :D

Level 12
I know it's Freeze who should say this... but:

That version is undergoing. If i'm mistaking, please, Freeze... correct me. *wink*

I didnt finish it.....sadly but i dont have time.....I think that i cant finish it on time, i mean this year.....So new version will almost shure be finished in the begining of 2013....But for fans, i will upload special improved version of Tom and Jerry 2011.....becouse i see that lot of fans wait any update of the map :wink:

Level 3
can i give any idea?

Last night i dream about this map...

i think the decoy (jerry) would take 5 charges and 5 mins or 3 mins cooldown
because...

1.)its a decoy
2.)it can build a wall
3.)its affordable

or every decoy rat have 500 coins bounty when it slain by tom.

just saying

Level 3
Freeze now i finally know whats the solution of this DYNAMIC UNBALANCE..

Try putting some count limit in mice walls like......

EVERY MOUSE HAVE ONLY 10 charges of walls to build...

Or

Put some upgrades to maximize up to 20 walls on workshop...

:goblin_yeah: Problem solve :goblin_yeah:

Level 3
But for me its unlimited how can you say its a fair game if you can build 100 walls in a game ......

i know walls consume food ... i also know the limit of the food , its 200 .....

or Maybe reduce food cap. so that it will be fair..... like 0/100 instead of 0/200.....

or make the map larger .... <<<<< not on my plan.