• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tom and Jerry 2011 [3.6a]

Tom and Jerry 2011

version: 3.6a

This is simple tag map. Advanced version of old map Cat catch the Mouse.
There are 2 teams,Tom's team and Jerry's team.

Tom's team:

When game starts you chose from 6 different cats.You need to build base, harvest cheese and lumber, hunt all enemy mouse and kill them. When all mouse are dead you win the game. If you get killed you can revive in your main building for cost of some gold and lumber.You lose if all players from your team are dead.

Jerry's team:

You start game like 1 mouse, you need to make base quickly and surround it with barricades so cat cant reach you. Then you need to harvest cheese and lumber, make strong army and kill all cats.Remember cat can revive, so it is the best to destroy cat's main building. If you get killed your friends can save you by attacking cage where you will be captured.Cage is always located in center of map.

Shops:

4 shops with very useful items are located at the center of the map. Some stronger items from this shops can turn game in you advantage.

Commands:

-tk "on/off" (team kill on/off).
-name "text" (change your name)
-ms (curent speed of your cat or mouse).
-tp "on/off" (tips on/off).

Credits:

Special Credits go to: Lotor.t, Djordje99 and Misha

Map testers: AEtherealPhaser and Dynamiczx

Model, Skin and icon creators: D.O.G, KelThuzad, Bigapple 90, Anachron, NFWar, 67chrome, Kola, Usedwell, Callahan, General Frank, M0rbid, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Pyramidhe@d, Dionesiist, Frankster and Mechanical Man.

This map is protected!

Official map site: http://wc3tomandjerry.webs.com/

How to play Tom and Jerry online: http://wc3tomandjerry.webs.com/how-to-play

173090-albums4396-picture50541.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50535.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50536.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture41682.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50537.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50538.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50539.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50540.jpg

Version 3.0:

- Heroes in Mouse team now have 4 slots in invertory.
- Some items are limited and some are restricted for Mouse Heroes.
- Item cost changes.
- 2 new items and 1 item removed.
- Some spells and unit changes.
- More balance in cat and mouse team.
- Hot keys of some mouse spells changed.

Version 3.0a:

- 1 bug fixed.
- Some pathing problems fixed.
- Unit and upgrade cost changes.
- Small cosmetic changes.

Version 3.1a:

- 1 new cat.
- 1 bug fixed.
- Lot of balance in both teams.
- Spell and unit changes.
- New items.
- Unit cost changes.

Version 3.1b:

- Decreased damage of Falling Star spell.
- Zeppelin death slows cargo units for less time.
- Changed cost of some upgrades.
- 1 model changed.
- 1 new icon.

Version 3.1c:

- Changed hot key of Rush ability.
- Some units changes.
- Changed cooldowns of some spells.
- 1 icon changed.
- 2 new sound effects.
- Decreased map file size.

Version 3.2:

- Added tips for both teams.
- 1 bug fixed.
- Some unit and item changes.
- List of credits updated.

Version 3.3:

- New Hero for mices.
- Upgrade cost changes.
- Some unit changes.
- 1 leak fixed.
- Balance changes.
- Some tooltips fixed.
- Added some game messages.

Version 3.4:

- 1 new Ability.
- Unit cost changes.
- 1 new upgrade.
- Some balance changes.
- Small spell changes.
- Map Info updated.

Version 3.5:

- New upgrade for mices.
- Fixed problem with hero level up.
- Fixed some tooltips.
- Spell and upgrade changes.
- Small item changes.
- More balance in both teams.

Version 3.6a:

- New ability for Scout and Slasher (old name Raider).
- Small item changes.
- Changed item model.
- Added small effect when cat casting range spell.
- Some icons, models and unit names changed.
- Land mines (from shop) now have timed life.
- 1 new item in shops.
- Some changes with game tips.
- Mices have little more time before other team can pick a cat.
- Dragon Lord balanced and limited to 1.
- Few new cosmetic changes.
- Fixed few tooltips.
- Made Trailer for map.

Keywords:
Tag, Cat, Mouse, Team
Contents

Tom and Jerry 2011 [3.6a] (Map)

Reviews
13:49, 9th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 12
Downloading ||||||||||| = 100% (Completed)

Testing the game in Garena.
EDIT: Damn server connection FAIL >_< gonna test it later.

Edit: so here. just read what i said :D and btw this is my 1st Review. :D and its incomplete sorry.

Review
[+]I like the new cheese gathering system :) because it wont take space now. :D
[+]Nice cheese mine model.
[+]Cool gameplay and Fun map.
[+]Balanced map. (for me its balanced. :D)

[-]Simple terrain. (Needs improvement)
[-]Cat Towers are so imba, please decrease their range by 200 and attack speed or just make it can attack ground.
[-]The items are simple. can you add a recipe shop? :)
[-]Overused icons (the cat's icon) maybe you can make different icons for them.

Terrain 6/10 = Simple. need more doodads and improvements.
Spells 5.5/10 = Simple, none is triggered.
Triggers 8.5/10 = ?
Units 8/10 = the Units are balanced. Very good :)

i'll Rate it 3/5 Acceptable
Bugs & Suggestions
Bugs

- Cat Fire Tower's tooltip "Advanced defensive structure with "Poison" attack". Lol "Fire" tower with a "Poison" attack? fix this.
- Cat Poison Tower (Same as Cat Fire Tower) Advanced Defensive Structure with "Fire" attack. "Poison" tower with a "Fire" attack? fix this.
Suggestions

- Can you please change the Mouse heroes armor to 1? because they are so weak =.=
- Change regeneration aura and brilliance aura to "Heal Aura and Mana Regen Aura (Note: Fountain Ability)"
- Add mouse trap. Effect: when a mouse steps at the mouse trap make them Stunned or captured by Net. (use this model Bear Trap)
- Reduce the tome's cooldown to 10s.

Tnx fore Review :D

- Tooltip error fixed.
- Tower alredy have smaller range then before, but i made them weaker also.
- Human heroes now have 1 armor.
- Auras (regeneration and Briliance) changed.
- Mouse trap (Coming soon)
- Recipes (i can add ofc, but in future version,no ideas for recipes now xD)
- Tome's cooldown, you mean tome of health, expirience? Players told me to set big cooldown, becouse, if is small cats can get level to fast.
- Terrain is simple,but must be like this, i cant add clifs or destructibles, becouse you need space to build. I can only add more doodats :D

Guys if you have some other sugestions pls write me, to make as much posible changes in next version. Tnx for helping me to improve my map :D

For some reason when i update this map, map dont go on 1st page, i dont know why, so other players cant give comments :eekani:

zharosary:
I dont know best defence against mass of goblins but they cost a lot now, and they have only 300 hit points. Just make lot of towers in row, and combine normal towers with 2-3 earth towers (have stun) and some cold towers that will stope them i hope.

Last edited:
Level 2
maybe put the name of the fakers in the loading screen and give them insults :) that way the players can know the real from fake

EDIT: that's what the owner of the "Are you a Retard?" did

Level 9
Recommended Tools
Vexorian's Map Optimizer.
Spazzler.
Heavy Locker.
Widgetizer.
And in case you're asking for the "best"

Answer
You can't find 'the best'. No matter what you use, some people will still be able to edit your map without any trouble.

Vexorian's Map Optimizer - is good for optimisation. It reduces file size, but is no trouble to pass (most of deprotection tools will make your map editable). But it protects from noobs\plain edits. So that's what I use for maps that I edit.

Spazzler - is more 'heavy' tool. Better protection, not as small map, and maybe a bit longer loading time. But makes the map un-editable for most of users.

Heavy locker - one of the first programs of this kind that I know of, basically similar to vexorian's, except other priorities.

Widgetizer - converts object data files into widgets (text files). This results in a bit bigger filesize, but you can leave the map 'as-is': if someone will open it in World Editor, they will see no object data. So most likely they'll say 'wtf' and leave your map alone. Unfortunally there is dewidgetizer too.

Last edited:
Level 6
Hey freeze you seem to know what your doing with maps, wanna help me with mine? I just stopped on the War of the gods cause no-one seemed interested but i started a space rpg type map and was wondering if you wanted to help. The link is in my signature.

Level 1
bug
lobster from Book of Summoning can atk cage OTL

ps. I'm very boring fake map.but most of host cre the fake cause of a lot of cheese mine T T

Level 2
Was this version updated at some time? Because i remember dling the same (v2.6) from here with many cheese mines and now theres fewer mines...I prefered the one with many mines ;)
Anyway 4.5/5 now, great map to play.

Level 12
ShadyGuy: i think that you didnt delete that 2.6 from here, that is fake version i think :) I will add few more mines in my original version :) Tnx for your comment ;)

Kurimuraz: you found a bug i fixing now, tnx +REP for you :)

Level 3
For me its rare to find ppl creating your map , i mean the latest map 2.8 map [freeze] , many people creating fake version like they said got version 2.2 , 3.0 , 4.0 and many more ler -- , I can tell that the map they creating is fake or original by see at the top + right of my computer screen , The Version .

Level 12
For me its rare to find ppl creating your map , i mean the latest map 2.8 map [freeze] , many people creating fake version like they said got version 2.2 , 3.0 , 4.0 and many more ler -- , I can tell that the map they creating is fake or original by see at the top + right of my computer screen , The Version .

Yea I see a lot fake versions of my map. Always check right top of the screen and map info (F9) to be shure that version is original. Also my original versions have Multiboard, fake dont have as i know :D Fake versions are full of stupid things, stupid kids fakers :ogre_rage:

Level 26
Played it recently. The walls have such a ridiculous amount of hitpoints and are easy buildable and spammable that mice are protected for a long time, yet, at the same time, a leak would be fatal. This disables dynamics, mice entrench themselves at a position, can lead to having a cat entrapped between walls. I was owning a mouse and the game suddenly reversed when a zeppelin appeared, allowing the cats to infiltrate the base in a second. So the game process was very arbitrary. Towers can attack mice, killing them in one shot, again a very unsmooth factor. There should always be replaceable alternatives for basic tasks.

What's more, cats hire all kinds of unfitting characters: undeads, orcs, dragons etc. They get kobolds to farm cheese mines on their own? Also the spells possess a random style. The first mine structure should cost no or little resources (since you get cheese periodically). You cannot do nothing as a dead mouse. Why is it that in nearly every tag map, your whole structures and units are wiped out when your runner dies. This creates big gaps in teambases, immediately renders your effort to nothing and restoring takes another years, thus not promoting a fluent and proceeding gameplay.

Level 3
Some Of their map got cheat , if we chat ''lumber30bit'' or ''gold30bit'' , BUT . . . . . . . . . .If We cheat , They call the ppl play the cheat noob . When the game started , i already chat that both gold and lumber , when i choose a cat , i buy kelen and they said me noob for playing cheat . Furthermore , if they know the map got cheat , why do they create the map although they know the map got cheat o.o ? If mouse can cheat , will the cat can know == .

[Another Story . . .] When game started , I Take 2 mine gold and protect it by putting barricades . After that , i make another 2 more barracks so i can summon more faster cheese miner for my mine gold . After 2 minutes later , I Forgot that the cat got spell , so i died . Then i ask for help , then i got saved by my team without getting killed . But , I no gold to take any mine gold and making any barracks T_T . So I ask gold from my team .

Can tell me what is the bug fixed in version 2.8 ? can share ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Played it recently. The walls have such a ridiculous amount of hitpoints and are easy buildable and spammable that mice are protected for a long time, yet, at the same time, a leak would be fatal. This disables dynamics, mice entrench themselves at a position, can lead to having a cat entrapped between walls. I was owning a mouse and the game suddenly reversed when a zeppelin appeared, allowing the cats to infiltrate the base in a second. So the game process was very arbitrary. Towers can attack mice, killing them in one shot, again a very unsmooth factor. There should always be replaceable alternatives for basic tasks.

What's more, cats hire all kinds of unfitting characters: undeads, orcs, dragons etc. They get kobolds to farm cheese mines on their own? Also the spells possess a random style. The first mine structure should cost no or little resources (since you get cheese periodically). You cannot do nothing as a dead mouse. Why is it that in nearly every tag map, your whole structures and units are wiped out when your runner dies. This creates big gaps in teambases, immediately renders your effort to nothing and restoring takes another years, thus not promoting a fluent and proceeding gameplay.

To understand this map, you need to play it few times to learn all.

Mouse team:

- Becouse mouse are vunerable like you say, and they can be killed very easy they have those walls like most important defense..Walls are created to be invunerable to Cats normal attack..But they can be easy avoid by cats, if cat have skill...Mouse can protect himself from everthing..., you have Anty Air towers VS flying units so Zeppelin or Dragon cant reach you...You also have lot of units to protect you against siege units or cats....
- Second things never rely on walls of your team mate becouse if he die, side with his walls will fall and you will be dead..that is golder rule. Also faster as you can build Fake mouse, he can build walls instead your real mouse so you dont need to risk...

Cat team:

Cats are stronger than mice on start...they cant destroy walls with normal attack, but they can out smart mouse and kill him with lot of units and items...or just make siege weapons in late game and destroy walls. Like cat you have dragons, suicide goblin (suicide and destroys 1 wall), Ghost wallker (invisible, can kill mouse when he go out of base) , 2 catapults, 1 with long range vs towers and one which destroy walls. Items like Land mines, Blink, Storm Hammer (destroy 1 wall)..etc About unfitting characters, you are right but if i want small map size i must use warcraft basic models..,maybe they dont fit cat team but what i can do...Spells are not random...spells have 1 rule, basic spells have small range and casting time 1 sec so mouse can avoid them...and ulty spells are spells that are used to avoid mouse walls...

This game is game where you dont use force so much only skill and your brain....

I know that mouse lose all buildings if they die...many players dont like that..but if i set that mouse dont lose buildings they will be able to build army even if they are in cage, so cat will get nothing at all....

I recomend you to play map few more times so you will be able to understand map... Tnx very much for your comment + REP

Kurimuraz: man pls dont spam with posts, use EDIT...write all in one comment...I see that you are good in this map..., i know that tards host fake versions with cheets...when you see that, give host link for this real version and say him to dont host fake versions any more...

Bugs which are fixed in 2.9 are small bugs in some spells and items nothing very important..in version 2.8 i fixed bug which you found that mouse can buy cat if he go in right up corner....

Tnx for playing my map man:goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Level 26
- Becouse mouse are vunerable like you say, and they can be killed very easy they have those walls like most important defense..Walls are created to be invunerable to Cats normal attack..But they can be easy avoid by cats, if cat have skill...

[...]

Cats are stronger than mice on start...they cant destroy walls with normal attack, but they can out smart mouse and kill him with lot of units and items...

So noob cats cannot assert themselves against noob mice because it is incomparably easier to build up a wall for a novice?

Mouse can protect himself from everthing..., you have Anty Air towers VS flying units so Zeppelin or Dragon cant reach you...You also have lot of units to protect you against siege units or cats....

I only said that a zeppelin randomly popped up. Why would I build a defense against air when there is no sign of it beforehand? This is polarizingly edged.

- Second things never rely on walls of your team mate becouse if he die, side with his walls will fall and you will be dead..that is golder rule.

Yes, I said that and asked why you see this as a valid mechanism.

or just make siege weapons in late game and destroy walls. Like cat you have dragons, suicide goblin (suicide and destroys 1 wall), Ghost wallker (invisible, can kill mouse when he go out of base) , 2 catapults, 1 with long range vs towers and one which destroy walls. Items like Land mines, Blink, Storm Hammer (destroy 1 wall)..etc

You can blunder the suicide goblin just by being a second to late to follow up into the gap because walls are built up in this short time (or you create a thicker wall). An intuitive mechanism would be to increase the cheese price for each new wall so you cannot spamstuff the whole map with them.

I know that mouse lose all buildings if they die...many players dont like that..but if i set that mouse dont lose buildings they will be able to build army even if they are in cage, so cat will get nothing at all....

There should already be an advantage in having the mouse caged/receiving bonuses from the kill. I did not mean that all structures/units should be preserved but without the commander/units, it should not be as hard for a cat to get rid of the base. And if you just want to not be able to buy during death time, you can simply disable it by hiding the cheese for example. Caged runners tend to forget helping allies by transferring their gold anyway.

In another tag map, I included a possibility for dead runners to free themselves, as relying on others often does not work out and you should not be completely shut down.

Level 9
I played the map like 100 times since version 2.6.
I can totally say it's amazing, well made, funny and really balanced in my opinion. You made it logically and truly fun to play :).

I hope you will continue updating it and adding even more fun things :D

@WaterKnight
I cannot agree with you on the part in which you say about runners dying and losing their bases. That is balanced because it makes the chasing team able to not get worried about the base of a dead runner, also encourages the other runners to revive their allies, otherwise one dead runner would simply remain dead so he avoids dying again... and he makes armies and stuff from his base.

Level 12
I played the map like 100 times since version 2.6.
I can totally say it's amazing, well made, funny and really balanced in my opinion. You made it logically and truly fun to play :).

I hope you will continue updating it and adding even more fun things :D

@WaterKnight
I cannot agree with you on the part in which you say about runners dying and losing their bases. That is balanced because it makes the chasing team able to not get worried about the base of a dead runner, also encourages the other runners to revive their allies, otherwise one dead runner would simply remain dead so he avoids dying again... and he makes armies and stuff from his base.

Tnx man i will continue with updating map :D I planing to balance heroes in next version, do you think that mouse heroes are little to strong? Also i will add more interesting things in next version..:goblin_good_job:

Level 9
Tnx man i will continue with updating map :D I planing to balance heroes in next version, do you think that mouse heroes are little to strong? Also i will add more interesting things in next version..:goblin_good_job:

I think the mouse heroes are well done, but the shark is a bit weird :)) because a shark would eat a mouse instead of protecting it :))... anyway it is fine.

You should probably add some things like a transport unit for the mouse... that moves extremely slow... like a bunker but moving and very costing.