• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tom and Jerry 2011 [3.6a]

Tom and Jerry 2011

version: 3.6a

This is simple tag map. Advanced version of old map Cat catch the Mouse.
There are 2 teams,Tom's team and Jerry's team.

Tom's team:

When game starts you chose from 6 different cats.You need to build base, harvest cheese and lumber, hunt all enemy mouse and kill them. When all mouse are dead you win the game. If you get killed you can revive in your main building for cost of some gold and lumber.You lose if all players from your team are dead.

Jerry's team:

You start game like 1 mouse, you need to make base quickly and surround it with barricades so cat cant reach you. Then you need to harvest cheese and lumber, make strong army and kill all cats.Remember cat can revive, so it is the best to destroy cat's main building. If you get killed your friends can save you by attacking cage where you will be captured.Cage is always located in center of map.

Shops:

4 shops with very useful items are located at the center of the map. Some stronger items from this shops can turn game in you advantage.

Commands:

-tk "on/off" (team kill on/off).
-name "text" (change your name)
-ms (curent speed of your cat or mouse).
-tp "on/off" (tips on/off).

Credits:

Special Credits go to: Lotor.t, Djordje99 and Misha

Map testers: AEtherealPhaser and Dynamiczx

Model, Skin and icon creators: D.O.G, KelThuzad, Bigapple 90, Anachron, NFWar, 67chrome, Kola, Usedwell, Callahan, General Frank, M0rbid, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Pyramidhe@d, Dionesiist, Frankster and Mechanical Man.

This map is protected!

Official map site: http://wc3tomandjerry.webs.com/

How to play Tom and Jerry online: http://wc3tomandjerry.webs.com/how-to-play

173090-albums4396-picture50541.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50535.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50536.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture41682.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50537.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50538.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50539.jpg

173090-albums4396-picture50540.jpg

Version 3.0:

- Heroes in Mouse team now have 4 slots in invertory.
- Some items are limited and some are restricted for Mouse Heroes.
- Item cost changes.
- 2 new items and 1 item removed.
- Some spells and unit changes.
- More balance in cat and mouse team.
- Hot keys of some mouse spells changed.

Version 3.0a:

- 1 bug fixed.
- Some pathing problems fixed.
- Unit and upgrade cost changes.
- Small cosmetic changes.

Version 3.1a:

- 1 new cat.
- 1 bug fixed.
- Lot of balance in both teams.
- Spell and unit changes.
- New items.
- Unit cost changes.

Version 3.1b:

- Decreased damage of Falling Star spell.
- Zeppelin death slows cargo units for less time.
- Changed cost of some upgrades.
- 1 model changed.
- 1 new icon.

Version 3.1c:

- Changed hot key of Rush ability.
- Some units changes.
- Changed cooldowns of some spells.
- 1 icon changed.
- 2 new sound effects.
- Decreased map file size.

Version 3.2:

- Added tips for both teams.
- 1 bug fixed.
- Some unit and item changes.
- List of credits updated.

Version 3.3:

- New Hero for mices.
- Upgrade cost changes.
- Some unit changes.
- 1 leak fixed.
- Balance changes.
- Some tooltips fixed.
- Added some game messages.

Version 3.4:

- 1 new Ability.
- Unit cost changes.
- 1 new upgrade.
- Some balance changes.
- Small spell changes.
- Map Info updated.

Version 3.5:

- New upgrade for mices.
- Fixed problem with hero level up.
- Fixed some tooltips.
- Spell and upgrade changes.
- Small item changes.
- More balance in both teams.

Version 3.6a:

- New ability for Scout and Slasher (old name Raider).
- Small item changes.
- Changed item model.
- Added small effect when cat casting range spell.
- Some icons, models and unit names changed.
- Land mines (from shop) now have timed life.
- 1 new item in shops.
- Some changes with game tips.
- Mices have little more time before other team can pick a cat.
- Dragon Lord balanced and limited to 1.
- Few new cosmetic changes.
- Fixed few tooltips.
- Made Trailer for map.

Keywords:
Tag, Cat, Mouse, Team
Contents

Tom and Jerry 2011 [3.6a] (Map)

Reviews
13:49, 9th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 10
Tnx Mumbis, yes map can be little biger...this is mini or fast tag :D but i will maybe increase map size in future version :goblin_yeah:

Light Bolt you are right, i can add more tiles and doodats, but clifs and high ground are not for this map. Building barricades is one of most important things in the game so players need clear space.

Tnx for comments guys! :goblin_yeah:

Level 10
Yea you are right, most of tags have simple terrain...Main reason is that you need clear ground to build easy....In this map, each mouse need to build lot of barricades.Doodats or clifs willl only get in the way.., i will only use little more tiles or small details...:goblin_good_job:

Level 10
Hey, where did original credits go?
A lot of people were making the map till the moment you 'picked it up', do you discard fact of their existance?

Man i made whole map alone, i didnt edit map of some other guy. Yes idea is not mine, map is based on Cat catch the mouse,or Tom e Jerry BR. I only can give credits to guy who is owner of map idea, but map cat catch the mouse is done very noobish, with no description and no credits so i dont know who he is.And btw i made my version by request of some fans of that old map cat catch the mouse becouse they wonted better done map with more stuff and with full description on english so i made this map for them.

Kynfury: Heroes have invertory, you can build them in the Altar....Yes map can be little biger, i made it small becouse this map need to have fast gameplay and fans wonted like them...But i will maybe little increase map size.

Level 10
Are you shure that you seen that in this version? That bug was in old one, i tested in this version when i seen you bug report and cat's spirit walker cant attack cage.You maybe seen that in old ver, or you didnt see good, cat's and mouse spirit walker look same,maybe you didnt see good?

Level 9
Are you shure that you seen that in this version? That bug was in old one, i tested in this version when i seen you bug report and cat's spirit walker cant attack cage.You maybe seen that in old ver, or you didnt see good, cat's and mouse spirit walker look same,maybe you didnt see good?

oh sorry, i didn't see it. its from version 1.3 :D
btw can u please put the version on the name? Like:
Tom and Jerry v1.6 so its easy to recognize, thanks.

Man i made whole map alone, i didnt edit map of some other guy. Yes idea is not mine, map is based on Cat catch the mouse,or Tom e Jerry BR. I only can give credits to guy who is owner of map idea, but map cat catch the mouse is done very noobish, with no description and no credits so i dont know who he is.And btw i made my version by request of some fans of that old map cat catch the mouse becouse they wonted better done map with more stuff and with full description on english so i made this map for them.

To say truth, original versions (at least 1.00 .. 1.3) did contain both map description and credits. Both were in chinese, but that did not cancel fact of their existance. If you will look into .j file, you can even find link to authors website.

But - seems like you are talking truth.

Since the units resemble original quite nicely, may I ask you, how long did it took you to remember (or write down) all of those and re-create them?

I have also taken a closer look at map contents with mpq editor, and shall say:

1 : No offense, but find a better protection and\or optimisation software. Resources are not renamed, and WE-only files (like triggers data file) are still there. Quite a chance that someone could take your map, replace .w3i file, and edit it freely.

2 : That cat model is from World of Warcraft, isn't it? If so, you should check out the additional skins it had. Black & white cat was far not the most epic one of these. (also I have a feeling that something wrong happened while reducing polycount on that model, since it's 400kb, and takes about 1/3 of your map size)

3 : Preferably change loadscreen image (you can find a lot of related images around the world) to a more high-quality one. Maybe map title and mention of you could be done better too.

4 : Apply optimisation to mappreview image. The easiest way to do this is use Paint.net, which is free. It will save you some kb's too, and will let you to easily write version numbers on it.

But, overall, you are doing nice improvements in recent updates - keep up the good work. And bear in mind, that balance in tag maps is a very slippery term - they very much rely on player skill. Test with differently skilled player groups.

Level 10
To say truth, original versions (at least 1.00 .. 1.3) did contain both map description and credits. Both were in chinese, but that did not cancel fact of their existance. If you will look into .j file, you can even find link to authors website.

But - seems like you are talking truth.

Since the units resemble original quite nicely, may I ask you, how long did it took you to remember (or write down) all of those and re-create them?

I have also taken a closer look at map contents with mpq editor, and shall say:

1 : No offense, but find a better protection and\or optimisation software. Resources are not renamed, and WE-only files (like triggers data file) are still there. Quite a chance that someone could take your map, replace .w3i file, and edit it freely.

2 : That cat model is from World of Warcraft, isn't it? If so, you should check out the additional skins it had. Black & white cat was far not the most epic one of these. (also I have a feeling that something wrong happened while reducing polycount on that model, since it's 400kb, and takes about 1/3 of your map size)

3 : Preferably change loadscreen image (you can find a lot of related images around the world) to a more high-quality one. Maybe map title and mention of you could be done better too.

4 : Apply optimisation to mappreview image. The easiest way to do this is use Paint.net, which is free. It will save you some kb's too, and will let you to easily write version numbers on it.

But, overall, you are doing nice improvements in recent updates - keep up the good work. And bear in mind, that balance in tag maps is a very slippery term - they very much rely on player skill. Test with differently skilled player groups.

I needed lot of time to re-create these units...it is faster to make new xD
About protection i use standard wc3 optimizer like most of people here,becouse make map smaller.
You are right i can reduce size, i will try to do that.
About cat model, my friend send me that model becouse i didnt was able to find it on internet.He found it and send me....
And you are right when you say about balance, but some spells and units rly need little changes :D

Marc Marmales: It seams that you are very good in this game :D But whay you play old version, that screenshots shows old version? :D

Level 10
Voldtage 02: That is great man, i will check :goblin_good_job:

Kungfury: Barricades need to be like that, they need to be invulerable from normal attack. But you can destroy them with Suicide Goblin, Catapult.Also you have flying units Dragons, Zeppelin. You also have some spells and items that can destroy barricades or avoid them. If i make that you can destroy them with normal army them mouse team will not have a chance :D

Level 6
Voldtage 02: That is great man, i will check :goblin_good_job:

Kungfury: Barricades need to be like that, they need to be invulerable from normal attack. But you can destroy them with Suicide Goblin, Catapult.Also you have flying units Dragons, Zeppelin. You also have some spells and items that can destroy barricades or avoid them. If i make that you can destroy them with normal army them mouse team will not have a chance :D

I know but like dont make it to where it takes like 5 secs to destroy but make it to where it can be killed with normal attacks but just over time. They can be built super fast can't they? If you make it to where cats can destroy them then the mice can rebuild the towers with a new row of them. Please consider this.

Level 1
I'm sorry for my poor English

Bug Report

-Blue Cat's Mouse Slayer can destroy mouse cage and mouse not revive

-If mouse has 1 layer wall and Blue Cat stand close the wall ,cat can summon mouse slayer in mouse base without destroy any wall. I'm not sure it's bug or your trick. if it's trick, I'm so sorry

My suggestion
-suicide goblin is very too cheap and and too powerful [high HP,high AoE]. I'm never use wagon because 1 wagon can build 5 goblin and 5 goblin can destroy 5 layer of wall and some mouse troop without die from tower cause of thier high HP
I think its should be cost 1000-1500 or decrease its power

However, Your map is very fun, thx for making :D

Level 10
I'm sorry for my poor English

Bug Report

-Blue Cat's Mouse Slayer can destroy mouse cage and mouse not revive

-If mouse has 1 layer wall and Blue Cat stand close the wall ,cat can summon mouse slayer in mouse base without destroy any wall. I'm not sure it's bug or your trick. if it's trick, I'm so sorry

My suggestion
-suicide goblin is very too cheap and and too powerful [high HP,high AoE]. I'm never use wagon because 1 wagon can build 5 goblin and 5 goblin can destroy 5 layer of wall and some mouse troop without die from tower cause of thier high HP
I think its should be cost 1000-1500 or decrease its power

However, Your map is very fun, thx for making :D

Tnx man, and no problem my english is also not so good.

You are right, goblin is to cheep, i alredy changed his value, he will be more expensive in next version. I didnt now for cat's mouse slayer bug, i will fix that right away,tnx for telling me. +rep for bug report! :goblin_good_job:

EDIT: New version is out!!! Bug fixed,balance,New upgrade, New Hero...etc!

Last edited:
Level 9
Downloading ||||||||||| = 100% (Completed)

Testing the game in Garena.

Review
[+]I like the new cheese gathering system :) because it wont take space now. :D
[+]Nice cheese mine model.
[+]Cool gameplay and Fun map.
[+]Balanced map. (for me its balanced. :D)

[-]Simple terrain. (Needs improvement)
[-]Cat Towers are so imba, please decrease their range by 200 and attack speed or just make it can attack ground.
[-]The items are simple. can you add a recipe shop? :)
[-]Overused icons (the cat's icon) maybe you can make different icons for them.

Terrain 6/10 = Simple. need more doodads and improvements.
Spells 5.5/10 = Simple, none is triggered.
Triggers 8.5/10 = ?
Units 8/10 = the Units are balanced. Very good :)

i'll Rate it 3/5 Acceptable
Bugs & Suggestions
Bugs

- Cat Fire Tower's tooltip "Advanced defensive structure with "Poison" attack". Lol "Fire" tower with a "Poison" attack? fix this.
- Cat Poison Tower (Same as Cat Fire Tower) Advanced Defensive Structure with "Fire" attack. "Poison" tower with a "Fire" attack? fix this.
Suggestions

- Can you please change the Mouse heroes armor to 1? because they are so weak =.=
- Change regeneration aura and brilliance aura to "Heal Aura and Mana Regen Aura (Note: Fountain Ability)"
- Add mouse trap. Effect: when a mouse steps at the mouse trap make them Stunned or captured by Net. (use this model Bear Trap)
- Reduce the tome's cooldown to 10s.

Last edited:
Level 1
^
^
^
[-]Cat Towers are so imba, please decrease their range by 200 and attack speed.
its decrease in ver. 1.8

i have poblem to defense my wall from mass suicide goblin
who has some tip for me?