• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Simple question: change map icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
How do you change the depiction of the map when uploading a new map here to the site?

For example, this map has a picture of tom and jerry:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/tom-jerry-2011-3-2-a-189379/

When I play my map in WC3 (as opposed to using the test map button), I select the map from the list and see the minimap. I'd like to replace that minimap with an icon or picture. How do I do that?

Keep in mind I am not talking about the load screen; I've fixed that already. I'm referring to the picture that shows up when you are selecting the map in WC3 but before it loads.

Thank you.

Darwin

Level 14
Make sure your image's size is 256x256 (format should be .tga). Now, just import the file via Import Manager into your map and right click on it. Tick 'Use custom path' and write down: war3mapPreview.tga. Done, enjoy.

Excellent, thanks! You are helpful as always. I'll try to remember to give you more rep later as they won't let me do it yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.