• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how do i modify the minimap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
how do i put a picture over the minimap, or change the picture entirely? AND how do i change the campaign icon in the loading screen???

thanks

Last edited:
Level 28
How to put a picture over the minimap. If you want to use the picture while the map is loading, then make a picture that is 128x128 or 256x256 pixels in size. Save it as a .tga file. If you don't have an imaging program that can save .tga files, then download the GIMP. After saving it, import it into your map and give it the custom path "war3mapPreview.tga".

If you want the picture to cover the minimap in game, then make the picture 256x256 pixels and import it with the custom path "war3mapMap.tga".

If you need more detailed information then post here again and I or someone else will get back to you.

Level 7
i dont want to chenge the entire loading screen, just the seal in the top right corner. and i dont understand how i can jsut chage that protion. also, where do set the minimap, doe the image automatically appear on the minimap if i import it under the path. im slightly confused, could show me an example. thanks

Level 7
well, thanks! but how do i change the seal in the Top right portion when the game is loading?

also, i think i need to refrase my question, what about the little box during the game...HOW DO I CHANGE THIS?? and the icon while the game is loading?!

thanks

Attachments

• Warcraft_3_Humans_fight_Orcs_screenshot[1].jpg
    Warcraft_3_Humans_fight_Orcs_screenshot[1].jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,656
  • 004_01_warcraft_3_campaign_map[1].jpg
    004_01_warcraft_3_campaign_map[1].jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 523
Level 13
How to put a picture over the minimap. If you want to use the picture while the map is loading, then make a picture that is 128x128 or 256x256 pixels in size. Save it as a .tga file. If you don't have an imaging program that can save .tga files, then download the GIMP. After saving it, import it into your map and give it the custom path "war3mapPreview.tga".

If you want the picture to cover the minimap in game, then make the picture 256x256 pixels and import it with the custom path "war3mapMap.tga".

If you need more detailed information then post here again and I or someone else will get back to you.

what about to read this one

Level 13
The easiest way to do this is using World editor Unlimited---

go to tool section
-> download we unlimited
-> install
-> start enhancer
-> go to edit map
-> open your map
-> change tab to "imported files"

There you can change everything..

Minimpa preview, loading screen AND ingame miniap...

And you just have to give the program a picture... the rest does the tool^^

Level 7
thanks!!!! but now i have another problem, the minimap i applied is 256 by 256, but appears as a greay blur with red streaks through it.. is this because i made the backround to the minimap see-through???

im talking about this minimap i posted earlier with the arthas head next to it

Status
Not open for further replies.