• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] to not hear -"your building is complete"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I was able to get this to work by going into game interface and shift-clicking the Job Done path and changing it to null.

It did not work when set to None or _.

upload_2020-5-10_7-31-45.png

Attachments

• no_buid_finished_sound.w3m
    13.4 KB · Views: 24
Level 21
thanks, but that would change the whole game. I want most buildings to function normally and only change this on one unit (a hero ability based off of ivory tower)

previously I had this ability based of off a summoning ability, and then it had a different problem - I couldn't get it to show where the full building would be and only build on clear pathing, but rather just select a point on the ground, and if there wasn't enough buildable room it would build the unit somewhere else nearby. so if that is an easier fix (=to summon a ward and have it act like building a building - show you the green/red shadow of the building and only "cast" when it can build where you told it to) that will also help :smile: thx!

Last edited:
Level 28
thanks, but that would change the whole game. I want most buildings to function normally and only change this on one unit (a hero ability based off of ivory tower)
Do what @Planetary said then trigger the sound for the other buildings.
  • Test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes Construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Not equal to Ivory Tower
    • Actions
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(GetConstructedStructure()) then
      • Sound - Play JobDone <gen>
      • Custom script: endif

Level 14
thanks.... that sounds so backwards...it frustrating when the editor is so rigid.... there's no way to just script - action - dont play sound?
You're thinking about it from the wrong perspective. In this use case we're essentially nullifying the default behavior that is, indeed, hard coded into the engine and bringing it under our explicit control since there are no actions to simply stop a building-finished sound

If there's another method, someone will post it. If not, this bypasses waiting around for someone to come up with the specific feature you desire. It's worth noting it's not a very resource-intensive fix.

Level 28
how do I set this? I only have access to sounds that I specifically set up in the sound editor and can than use as variables, but how do i do some thing general like - build finish sounds for any race?
I'm afraid you will have to do it manually for each race like this :

If race of (Owner of (Constructed Structure)) Equal to Human then Play Peasant Job Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.