• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make research complete ping and sound disappear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey, I'm using a dummy unit to do the researches for players and ordering it to research via triggers, the anoying thing is it pings the map when it completes.
Obviously I don't want the player to even know of its existence, is there anyway I can get rid of this ping without getting rid of the "Research complete" notification message and voice over?

Level 15
I don't think it's possible to do that, but you can always...

Instead of having a dummy unit do it, just have the game research it automatically and show them the "Research Complete" text. The "Research Complete" sound file should be findable in the Sound Editor. Just find it in there and set it as a sound variable.

Level 7
I don't think it's possible to do that, but you can always...

Instead of having a dummy unit do it, just have the game research it automatically and show them the "Research Complete" text. The "Research Complete" sound file should be findable in the Sound Editor. Just find it in there and set it as a sound variable.

hmm that sounds like it would be a simpler solution and take up less map space, thanks! have some rep+

Status
Not open for further replies.