• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Custom building ...building effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi all!

lets take a standard race - humans

now lets take a Neutral Building --> Mur'gul Hut lvl 1 and make it a custom

This is found using Sunken Ruins, Unit Palette, then go to Neutral Passive ---> passive ---> special (its a small building called Mur'Gul Hut lvl 1)

i know how to add this building to a human peasant, so he can build it!
its simple

but when building, this building has no progress animation/ effect like the human buildings do --- the moment the peasant starts constructing it, it looks complete, but the progress bar still moves normally !

so yea...its abit unusual, to have an incomplete building looking complete

my task is simple to understand ---> i want to give this custom building, an animation/effect so that while its still under construction, it plays the building animation progress of a regular human building, say Watch Tower

in other words, while under comnstruction, this new custom building should look like a watch tower

then when construction hits 100% and its done, it looks normal, like the Mur'Gul hut looks

is such change of special effects possible?

i ve been trying with triggers...but not much luck :(

Level 3
how did you got that ?!

i d love to get my hands on a naga birth mesh (the one with the watery build anymation) and orc, elven and UD too

how did you extract it or got it ?
did you used the model editor ?

Level 3
YAY! got it !
now to set to work on the steps you gave me :p

i am curios - how did those guys made all those lovely models ?! in what programs ?

is there a tutorial to model like those guys in the model section...?

Status
Not open for further replies.