• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tiz' a foggy 'le death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
random.png
So I were bored and this happened.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Quite peculiar concept. Is that saturated misty surface designed to portray a frozen pond of sorts? Smexy creativity, if that was at all intentional.

Shading the ancients to get the eerie glare effect is done proficiently, and the parade of SFX's in the center is a neat addition:__
But why, oh why, did you settle for a village male model as a centerpiece item of attention?..

... It's just gruesome D:

I were thinking of should I include the villager, or not, in the terrain.
The terrain is not much of a work, it is basically a close fog set up at dark value, cloud spheres including storm sphere, some extra heightened glow objects, units and eerie fog.
The skyboxes created a little bit of an "illusion" which makes you think there is something behind them, but in reality, there is nothing.
There are also some crystals to create a better texture for the ground ( one visible is on the villagers left arm. )
The light ball, which I infact have no idea what it is, somehow fits in the terrain as well ( even though, if it was a little to the left it could fit with the rays, which I have no idea either of how I did them )
Now if I don't remember wrong, there were some light sources there and there to make it less monotonous.

Tha main concept was created to me by Neverwinter Nights, a visualization of how Fungus Fugue Plane could look like, and the quote from The GateKeeper: "I'm at deaths door, and can hear the knocking." ( Trying to find the song which also inspires, which as well is from NWN )

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I were thinking of should I include the villager, or not, in the terrain.
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of having some sense of human interaction with the otherwordly, but I'd reconsider using that particular model.
Go for something that looks like less of a square (or any other standard geometrical shape) :]

I'd possibly consider a slightly stretched village female model, but if you could find a model of more distinct quality that'd be preferable.

Level 23
Well, many of what (ex - ) Snoopy said is totally my opinion aswell, additional I wanted you to try to work on the fog thing a bit more in detail, it looks, due to the effect, strangely sharp in contrast, maybe adding a few glow models could soften it up a bit and get a better foggy touch to it. Also a corridor effect could be underlining the situation awesomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.