• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lonely future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I made this cause i was bored.it is a pic of mountians in a foggy time
.if you have anything to say then just say it.Hope you enjoy.

199152-albums5143-picture52117.png

updated one

Last edited:
Level 16
Some more flower would be nice! At least it's better than the previous ones and you really should stop using to many wc3 rocks.

1. I can see you love pictures with fences!:vw_love:
2. There are some iregular things:
210613-albums5078-picture52116.png

3. Remove the rain
4. use WEUnlimited to make the terrain
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can see some progress! take note of all criticism!

210613-albums5078-picture52004.png

Level 16
looks much nicer it's more clear now and i finally noticed there's a bear on the right.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The main difference is that in the normal map editor the brush makes lumpy high terrain resulting in lumpy rounded mountains like in your image, WEU produces sharp ones.
210613-albums5141-picture52069.jpg

Level 36
As oposed to my fellow terrainer toby here, I quite disagree with most of his points, or rather, have a different view on the advices he gives.

Firstly, I would not download that WEU thing he speaks so highly of when we have our very own miscdata hack which can be implimented into your wc3 something something, further guidelines on that can be given in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-terraining-hives-terraining-section-184427/

Secondly, I would like to see the flowers lessened, and scaled down, and rather than randomly being spread around, I would like to see them more clustered together in small lumps around the terrain, preferrably around rocks and tree-trunks. I would also advice to either remove the fence, or to build into it so that it doesn't seem to be ending randomly on either side, and just make it continue out of the terrain so that there seems to be no end to it at all. Most of all would I suggest you download the "Refuge in Ruin" map from somewhere in this terrain section and use it's wooden doodads to construct your own fence, and as thus it would look tenfolds better if you made it seem like it was ruined in the middle, with a gap, to make the threat of that bear to the stag seem more iminent.

I'd also advice you to use either the "steinlord" rock doodad or the "felsen" rocks from the B2M map over at wc3c.net, that would be the highres map pack, as both of those rock doodads looks twohundredandfive times better than the ones you are currently using. The fog also seems off, I'd advice you change the fog into something more similar to the skies, as that is the most important thing with fog and sky, for them both to seem realistic they will have to comlement each other, not contrast one another.

The grass could also use some work, either add in some other grass models, or lessen the "spam" of grassy doodads, either way would most possibly work to make it seem less pulsated. I'd also love to see some variation in the tree usage, a terrain should atleas consist of two or more different kinds of trees.

I hope you will regard some of the advice given and that you can improve on them, as nothing is more than what we hope for :)

Good terraining, and be sure to continue, we need more terrainers around here :D

Level 16
Secondly, I would like to see the flowers lessened, and scaled down, and rather than randomly being spread around, I would like to see them more clustered together in small lumps around the terrain, preferrably around rocks and tree-trunks. I would also advice to either remove the fence, or to build into it so that it doesn't seem to be ending randomly on either side, and just make it continue out of the terrain so that there seems to be no end to it at all.
I have to agree whit him on this, there are a lot of randomly spread things in your picture, more clustered together flowers would be nice and you could add more in the fence area where the deer is, like a explosion of flowers hand and fewer clusters in the background. Also if you want to add a distance effect add a larger field of view on the camera and make the trees on the mountains smaller. (my opinion)
Since you removed the rain you could add some clouds and change the fog color to add a enhancement if you feel like it.

Using The HQ Pack is the best choice for you since you work wit it better. Also I have noticed the hq Tile Sets have a pointless 1024 x 1024px resolution and wc3 doesn't display textures larger than 512px. The editor actually works with 1024px but when launching the game the textures display as 512px. Am I missing something here?

I didn't actually noticed the MiscData since I am still a noob here and didn't actually think of using it but perhaps I sould.
Do follow what Keiji is telling you, he is right and knows better!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.