• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Timing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So I'm testing my new Tower Defence. I play until I get to one level (testing it for a 15th time, but with different towers). I found no bugs up to that point. I continue playing through the level, and it defeats me. The game is timer based. You have 90 seconds to kill all units, and if you fail to do so, you lose. So that explains why I lost, yet I know for a fact that I had 48 seconds left. I figure the timer continued on from the last level. I have had this bug for awhile, but I managed to solve it (in a long, painfully space taking way), excpet for this 1 level. Level 3 is the only level with such bug. I have gone way below 48 seconds on multiple levels later, but its just the one level that has the problem. Help much?
If you have an idea of what it might be, but need to see the triggering and the basis of the map for some odd reason PM me, do not, I repeat (in red), DO NOT ask for the map here. I will not give it to you.
Screenshots and descriptions of the map are not going to go out for any reason (unless you get the map), as I'm trying to keep the map hidden (thus getting people interested, and wait for the maps first release).
Basic summary:
My TD level 3 has a problem with timing.
Timer runs from level 2 to level 3, then defeats the player unless they can beat the crazy time left.
Only problem on level 3.
I have gone below the 48 seconds multiple times, but was defeated the times it happened on level 3.
If you need the map for some reason to help, PM me, do not ask for it here. You will not get it.
Map is supposed to intrest people by keeping it secret. No screenshots or descriptions will be given out unless you get the map (I will not give it to just everyone) or *I* release the map (probably will be soon, in its beta versions).

Level 10
  • Counter Start
  • Events
    • Player - Player 9 (Gray)'s Food used becomes Not equal to 0.00
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Red <gen> owned by Player 9 (Gray)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Red_Enemies)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Blue <gen> owned by Player 9 (Gray)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Blue_Enemies)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Teal <gen> owned by Player 9 (Gray)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Teal_Enemies)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Purple <gen> owned by Player 9 (Gray)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Purple_Enemies)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Yellow <gen> owned by Player 9 (Gray)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Yellow_Enemies)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Orange <gen> owned by Player 9 (Gray)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Orange_Enemies)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Green <gen> owned by Player 9 (Gray)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Green_Enemies)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Pink <gen> owned by Player 9 (Gray)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Pink_Enemies)
    • Countdown Timer - Start Failure_Counter as a One-shot timer that will expire in 90.00 seconds
    • Set Failure_Counter = (Last started timer)
    • If (Timer_Window_Ammount Less than or equal to 0) then do (Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Failure_Counter with title Seconds left...) else do (Do nothing)
    • Set Timer_Window_Ammount = 1
    • Wait 10.00 seconds
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
          • Conditions
            • (All units of Red_Enemies are dead) Equal to False
            • (All units of Blue_Enemies are dead) Equal to False
            • (All units of Teal_Enemies are dead) Equal to False
            • (All units of Purple_Enemies are dead) Equal to False
            • (All units of Yellow_Enemies are dead) Equal to False
            • (All units of Orange_Enemies are dead) Equal to False
            • (All units of Green_Enemies are dead) Equal to False
            • (All units of Pink_Enemies are dead) Equal to False
      • Then - Actions
        • Wait 10.00 seconds
          • If - Conditions
              • Conditions
          • Then - Actions
            • Wait 10.00 seconds
              • If - Conditions
                  • Conditions
              • Then - Actions
                • Wait 10.00 seconds
                  • If - Conditions
                      • Conditions
                  • Then - Actions
                    • Wait 10.00 seconds
                      • If - Conditions
                          • Conditions
                      • Then - Actions
                        • Wait 10.00 seconds
                          • If - Conditions
                              • Conditions
                          • Then - Actions
                            • Wait 10.00 seconds
                              • If - Conditions
                                  • Conditions
                              • Then - Actions
                                • Wait 10.00 seconds
                                  • If - Conditions
                                      • Conditions
                                  • Then - Actions
                                    • Wait 10.00 seconds
                                      • If - Conditions
                                      • Then - Actions
                                        • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 3.00 seconds the text: Times up. Scanning ...
                                        • Trigger - Run Red Lose <gen> (checking conditions)
                                      • Else - Actions
                                        • Do nothing
                                      • If - Conditions
                                      • Then - Actions
                                        • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 2 (Blue) for 3.00 seconds the text: Times up. Scanning ...
                                        • Trigger - Run Blue Lose <gen> (checking conditions)
                                      • Else - Actions
                                        • Do nothing
                                      • If - Conditions
                                      • Then - Actions
                                        • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 2 (Blue) for 3.00 seconds the text: Times up. Scanning ...
                                        • Trigger - Run Blue Lose <gen> (checking conditions)
                                      • Else - Actions
                                        • Do nothing
                                      • If - Conditions
                                      • Then - Actions
                                        • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 3 (Teal) for 3.00 seconds the text: Times up. Scanning ...
                                        • Trigger - Run Teal Lose <gen> (checking conditions)
                                      • Else - Actions
                                        • Do nothing
                                      • If - Conditions
                                      • Then - Actions
                                        • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 4 (Purple) for 3.00 seconds the text: Times up. Scanning ...
                                        • Trigger - Run Purple Lose <gen> (checking conditions)
                                      • Else - Actions
                                        • Do nothing
                                      • If - Conditions
                                      • Then - Actions
                                        • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 5 (Yellow) for 3.00 seconds the text: Times up. Scanning ...
                                        • Trigger - Run Yellow Lose <gen> (checking conditions)
                                      • Else - Actions
                                        • Do nothing
                                      • If - Conditions
                                      • Then - Actions
                                        • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 6 (Orange) for 3.00 seconds the text: Times up. Scanning ...
                                        • Trigger - Run Orange Lose <gen> (checking conditions)
                                      • Else - Actions
                                        • Do nothing
                                      • If - Conditions
                                      • Then - Actions
                                        • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 7 (Green) for 3.00 seconds the text: Times up. Scanning ...
                                        • Trigger - Run Green Lose <gen> (checking conditions)
                                      • Else - Actions
                                        • Do nothing
                                      • If - Conditions
                                      • Then - Actions
                                        • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 8 (Pink) for 3.00 seconds the text: Times up. Scanning ...
                                        • Trigger - Run Pink Lose <gen> (checking conditions)
                                      • Else - Actions
                                        • Do nothing
                                  • Else - Actions
                                    • Do nothing
                              • Else - Actions
                                • Do nothing
                          • Else - Actions
                            • Do nothing
                      • Else - Actions
                        • Do nothing
                  • Else - Actions
                    • Do nothing
              • Else - Actions
                • Do nothing
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
      • Else - Actions
        • Do nothing
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Ok. So its extremly long. I had it much shorter until I reached a problem with the timer going over on every single wave. If you count, it does wait 90 seconds in total. In short, the trigger automatically starts when the wave begins. Counter is created, failure_counter is started. Waits 10 seconds for a check on player status. Starts failure scans if needed. Counter is paused in another trigger just so you can see how fast.slow you did the wave. I recently tested it, and I went down to 6 seconds without having the problem (I was on wave 6 or something, but with really hard towers to use).

Level 6
....u can shorten it a lot by using variables and the condition - wait for condition checking every x sec
also i notice that if you manage to kill the creeps the trigger just do nothing. perhaps that where your problem is

Level 10
Explain on how to shorten it (may, may not, I may decide to keep that hours worth of triggering, but maybe not).
As for the trigger doing nothing, it means it works. All the trigger is supposed to do is defeat you if nessesary, and start the timer. Hopefully just the second one.

Level 6
if it just to defeat you than perhaps
event - player 9 food becomes more than 0
action - set (map region) = (region 1)
---wait for (units owned by player 1 in region 1 to become 0) checking every 1 sec
defeat owners of units in region 1
---wait for (units owned by player 2 in region 1 to become 0) checking every 1 sec
defeat owners of units in region 1

Status
Not open for further replies.