• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

True Sight Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I would like to ask, if someone knows, how to fix problem with true sight ability, that does not level up??

I'm using this ability in my HTD map for towers and also for heroes.. The problem is, if the ability increases level, it doesn't increase the range of the ability...

While using it on towers, its not a problem, because every level of the tower i just can replace the tower with the sameone, that i gave "another 1st level truesight ability" with a different range...

But i dont have any idea how to make this with heroes.. :-/ If someone has any idea, thanx for advice.. :)

Level 22
As far as I know, True sight based abilities can't be leveled. You can either make a new Ability for each level and manually add that or you can use something like this to emulate True sight abilities at any range using only 1 ability. It is slightly performance heavy (due to the nature that it picked all units within range at a periodic timer for all instances) but if you control who has invisibilities in your map, you can easily make the TargetFilter more selective. Heck I even edited it on my own map by doing something like: If range > 1000, pick all invisible units and compare distance instead of using GroupEnumUnitsInRange.

Level 10
Create multiple spell books for each level and put true sight abilities with different value in each book. Disable those books for players.
When heroes learn ability, add the equivalent spell book containing true sight to them, no need to remove the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.