• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Custom True Sight problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, I've got a problem with the True Sight ability. Basically I need a True Sight which would only be able to detect Invisible units (not Burrowed units), however when I select the "Invisible" option from the "Data - Detection type", it detects both, and when I select the "Burrowed" option it detects none.

Alternatively, I would also suffice with a True Sight able to detect only Organical invisible units, however I didn't come up with a good "Targets Allowed" setting.

My question is, is anything like this possible? Does anyone have any experience with such a selective true sight thing?

Level 25
Burrowed detection is broken. More information - http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=81742
Abur, Abdt (Burrow, Burrow Detection): All units that have the burrow ability are only visible to their owner. Abilities that are supposed to detect hidden units have a flag if they can detect burrowed units, unfortunately it seems Blizzard never really implemented the difference between burrowed and invisible.

You can use Animation - Set vertex colouring (to 100% transparent) locally for each player.

Level 1
Well I suppose that could be a solution, however I wanted to avoid using custom scripts as I lack any JASS knowledge... anyway thanks for the link, I found some useful information there that gave me some ideas, i gave you +rep...

Status
Not open for further replies.