• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom True Sight not detecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have an issue with any custom True Sight ability I make is not functioning. This problem started when I had been adding by trigger the Item version of True Sight changed to a unit ability. I dropped the trigger/item version which was working fine.

I made a new ability based off of the Flying Machine version gave it 31 different levels and put it inside a spell book inside of a spell book.

Now as far as I know everything should work the way I have it because I have other passives that work in that manner like Critical Strike and Evasion.

However no custom version of a True Sight are working, seems no matter if I actually change it or just copy and paste and try it.

Has anyone ever heard of this before or know how to fix it?

Level 1
Okay it is nearing the 24hour mark and I see a lot of views and no responses so let me ask this another way if I may.

Has anyone ever successfully made a multi-level true sight unit spell?

Level 23
I made a new ability based off of the Flying Machine version gave it 31 different levels and put it inside a spell book inside of a spell book.

Is there a specific reason why you need it to be inside 2 spell books?

Has anyone ever successfully made a multi-level true sight unit spell?

Some abilties cant be made to level, but even so th first level should work.

Level 1
The first one is for random hero abilities just to have some more space, and then the second level is something akin to an RPG stat system. So I have critical strike, evasion, armor, bonus damage, hp regen, mana regen, attack speed, movement speed, etc all in that spell book. I am in the process of making heavily leveled abilities.
Take for instance Critical Strike has 61 levels, going from 0% and 0x to 100% and 4x in 5% increments starting at 2x Damage. I will likely even extend this one further to get more control on how much crit the hero really has.

And the first level likely does work... I never thought of that and the first level is 0 range with no detection.... And I just checked that and indeed that is what is happening. So thank you for that insight.

Now comes another few questions.
Is there a list of these spells that cant be leveled?

Is there anyway around this blockade of True Sight not being able to level? If it is true for one variant can I assume it is for all the rest? Am I missing a spell that will do the same thing?

Level 23
Is there a list of these spells that cant be leveled?

From personal experience there are a few item abilties and the few more unusual unit abilties that cant level normally. If im not wrong "Charge Gold and Lumber" is one.

Is there anyway around this blockade of True Sight not being able to level? If it is true for one variant can I assume it is for all the rest? Am I missing a spell that will do the same thing?

I did some testing and it seems that true sight does not respond to leveling.
You could use multiple true sight abilties but in your case would be rather impractical due to the number of versions you wuld need.

Level 1
Yeah well thanks anyways.
I guess I can go without and simplify the detector aspect of it with out sacrificing much.

I just hope none of the other more important stats suffer from this.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.