• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] True Sight Reveal buildings in fog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Greetings again!
I found a problem with True Sight spell and i don't know how to solve it..
True Sight Problem.gif

As you can see in the video above, the True Sight will always reveal normal buildings in fog and i don't want that.
Is there an solutions to avoid this?

The help will be appreciated! :peasant-bowing:

Level 21
Cool map!
So since it's close to forest survival and vampirism, do you know how their devs fixed it?
(haven't played said maps for some time now, so i don't remember if true sight was a thing)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I can't really see what's going on in the gif but are saying that nearby invisible buildings get revealed by the True Sight ability even if they're in fog of war?

If yes, I don't think there's an easy solution, that sounds like a hardcoded issue with how invisibility interacts with buildings.

Level 11
I can't really see what's going on in the gif but are saying that nearby invisible buildings get revealed by the True Sight ability even if they're in fog of war?

If yes, I don't think there's an easy solution, that sounds like a hardcoded issue with how invisibility interacts with buildings.
Yes, the True Sight ability works exactly as you described above by default.. Every single map which use True Sight ability has this problem..
Those buildings are normal buildings, they are not invisible.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Ah, so that bug has existed in Warcraft 3 all of these years? That's pretty odd... Anyway, if it's a bug then you'll most likely have to trigger the True Sight yourself. It'd be similar to triggering an Aura -> How do i make an aura that affects a specific unit type/s?

It's possible there's a workaround since Warcraft 3 modding is filled with weird solutions, but I don't know of any.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.