• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Time a predetermined plot? or a spontanis journy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
please excuse my spelling!

But I have a few questions:

1.If you had a time machine would you use it?
2.Do you believe life is predtermined (yah no the one king in suikonden terrikies?)
3.Do you believe life is not predetermined?

my answers:

1. No, I would afraid of what I might cause or un-cause and of who I would make not exsist
2. NO!
3.YES!

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

please excuse my spelling!

But I have a few questions:

1.If you had a time machine would you use it?
2.Do you believe life is predetermined (yeah no the one king in suikonden trekkies?)
3.Do you believe life is not predetermined?

my answers:

1. No, I would afraid of what I might cause or un-cause and of who I would make not exist
2. NO!
3.YES!

1.) Yes, I believe that I'm intelligent enough to avoid anything.
2.) I cannot decide.
3.) I cannot decide, but I would like to say yes.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I would wear the appropriate outfit so that that wouldn't happen.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yes, I'd use the alleged time machine to leap back in time and whether I'd change the future or not wouldn't matter; I wouldn't be coming back.

Level 3
Yes, I'd use the alleged time machine to leap back in time and whether I'd change the future or not wouldn't matter; I wouldn't be coming back.

Now that is bloody optimistic I like that! But what if you hated it?

Level 26
I believe some degree of random of unpredictable behavior can be found at the root of things.

It's nothing beyond a hunch though. I know shit-all about particle physics and the like. :p

jaZ

jaZ

Level 1
Dreadnought[dA];1640751 said:
I believe in determinism and if I had a time machine, I'd definitely use it.

We are biological computers, so we don't have freewill anymore than a computer does.

^Thought experiment to show that humans are distinctly different from machines. Take it for what it's worth; I don't consider it empirical evidence that we are different, but it requires that you think about it.

Anyway, this is the age old question of free will vs determinism. There are situations in which a pre determined set of reasons simply cannot be provided and there are situations where a reasonable argument can be drawn to inductively prove that certain experiences in a person's life led up to all his actions.

I haven't settled upon anything yet as this is far too abstract to be sure about, but I can say that my friends are followers of the ideal that free will covers a field and determinism covers a field and that the two fields overlap in some places and are independent in others.

And hell yes, I would go back in time just to see what happens. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.