• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Tides of War 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
9 Maps to go !!!, Can't wait to play it :D

A Gold of Luck Forsaken ( Not Good of Luck :) )

Level 2
My only tip to you, Forsaken, it to pay more attention to the grammar (unnecessary capitalizations, names, used vocabulary, punctuation etc). It's a very important aspect in campaigns which might either enhance or break your immersion.

Try to visualize what would the said character say, and how will s/he say it (if it's a Warcraft lore figure) according to their lore personalities -- which can be noticed through questing or just active checking on the said character's doings.

Stick with maturity where needed, and be careful to what kind of words you use (see that you use as less slangs as possible, preferably none); I'd advise using the help of some people that role-play on World of Warcraft or something, since that kind of people are usually advanced and careful with lore (helps a lot when adapting to mature roles, i.e. Queen of Forsaken), every word and all that's left.

Hope this helps somehow!

Level 23
My only tip to you, Forsaken, it to pay more attention to the grammar (unnecessary capitalizations, names, used vocabulary, punctuation etc). It's a very important aspect in campaigns which might either enhance or break your immersion.

Try to visualize what would the said character say, and how will s/he say it (if it's a Warcraft lore figure) according to their lore personalities -- which can be noticed through questing or just active checking on the said character's doings.

Stick with maturity where needed, and be careful to what kind of words you use (see that you use as less slangs as possible, preferably none); I'd advise using the help of some people that role-play on World of Warcraft or something, since that kind of people are usually advanced and careful with lore (helps a lot when adapting to mature roles, i.e. Queen of Forsaken), every word and all that's left.

Hope this helps somehow!

Thanks, but the grammar was not me who did, also, I don't follow 100% wow, that's why have some different things ( And I know must of the lore, and I play it as well as). And the last, I'm not working in this campaign anymore. :)

I should have asked to close this thread a time ago, but I forget.

Level 2
Thanks, but the grammar was not me who did, also, I don't follow 100% wow, that's why have some different things ( And I know must of the lore, and I play it as well as). And the last, I'm not working in this campaign anymore. :)

I should have asked to close this thread a time ago, but I forget.

I apologize, then! Well, it's not about following Warcraft lore as much as it's about pausing and asking yourself "I want Jaina to do this, but how can I say to make it sound Jaina-ish?"

Level 3
Hey Forsaken,

I arrived to the part where Kirin Tor and Quel'thalas forces meet on Pandaria. So far is great and I would like to give you my opinion. I don't know if you will read it, but if you do I hope you like it.

Army:
It's really intresting. I can't imagine as brand new race, but it would be great replacement for Human army. All units so far are very useful, but they are very mana dapandent which is logical since they are you know...mages. There are mo specific units I would like to say, the only thing I don't like is multishot of mounted archers, but it dosen't matter. Also I like that you introduced Forsaken and Quel'thalas forces. The best part is that they are like tomorider's races which makes it like sequal. However, the only thing I don't like are heroes. First of all they are OP(spells can do outstanding damage). I like when something that existed is a little altered(like thrall gets totems instead of far sight), but this are complatly different case. Also, I don't like new Lor'themar and Rommath models and spells. However this only OPINION. I think it would be better that you and tommorider "sinchronize" each other, since it would be like ultimate great project. 4\5

Chapters:
First of all, all the cinematics are awesome.
Chapter 1- Nothing special. Dragonspwan model are nice and the enviroment is great.
Chapter 2- My favorite part so far. It's really challenging and it felt like real Alliance vs Horde war. Actually no words are needed to describe this awesomeness.
Chapter 3- I love that atmosphere both in Dalaran and Danarrius.
Chapter 4- It took some time, but it was really fun. I had sometimes problem with crystals, but tnx to that caravan I won eventually.
Chapter 5- Really intresting. Trolls made that land unique, like it was new continent. Only few details are needed like Pandarian monuments and stuff like that.
Chapter 6- Those Pandarians are really good little "hired" units (like drenai). I arrived at the point when Kirin Tor and Quel'thalas meet each other.
So far so good. I think the rest of the chapters will be amaizing. The only thing I don't like is that it's too much Kirin Tor. Mist of Pandaria is mostly like showing how Alliance and Horde bring war and their problems to some peaceful land. Pandarinas try to reason with both sides, however neither Alliance and Horde care about them and both are trying to rob them and use them, which in the end destroys almost whole Azoroth(Old God taking over Garrosh). Also, there is no Darkspear rebellion. I'm sure you will fix this in the next update.

Bugs:
1. All chapters are opened as soon as I downloaded, even though I didn't comlpeated whole campaigne.
2. In chapter where you purge Dalaran of Sunreaver, music stopped.

I would rate 4\5 so far, but since it's not 100% finished I will wait so can give you 5\5. Good luck
ps. Do you have any idea when will you finish your work?

Level 23
Thanks all!

@ Unknown; I'm glad you liked the campaign, about hero, units and models, some of them will be changed, most like the ones you said and spells will be changed/improved.
About the rebellion, it will only happen in the last levels of the campaign.

And I'm not sure when I will finished this, really don't know.

---

Hey guys! I've just started to edit the terrain of the first chapter: Frozen Heart. It will be really changed terrain and a bit of gameplay, but sure, it will be better. xD

Level 23
Just feel need to post screenshots since I'm back to work, so, let's start all over again xD

muzjbb.jpg

2cp9du8.jpg

Level 16
Yuuup, that's too crowded. It would look well for a cinematic, but not gameplay.
You could always make it more "rocky" and give it a mountain feeling to it. I imagine if I were a dragon I'd build my fortress in a huge cliff manner.

Level 11
You know he could use the blue dragon roost for a main, and a more blue version of it, and then more blue for the barracks, and maor blue and maor maor for the arcane sanctum, and even maor blue for an altar, see? It's easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.