• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW - TC14 - TheSecretGrove

ENTRY FOR THE 14TH TECHTREE CONTEST
This is meant to be played in HD, on patch 1.32 or higher

The Secret Grove by Wazzz and Spellbound

logo_v2-png.354252

Discovered by wandering Sages who set out on a pilgrimage, the Secret Grove is a garden of great
mystical powers. The Ancestral Spirits who reside there reached an accord with the travellers, and
together they seek to defend the Grove and ensure its privacy remains.

Features:

- Wisp Power as a third resource
- Nydus Network-style mechanic
- Sage Chanting mechanics
- Mighty Amaranth units
- Specialized hero roles

Credits:

Models:
- Retera
- Wazzz

Skins:
- Wazzz

Icons:
- Wazzz
- Spellbound

Systems:
- Spellbound

v1.01
Fixed two error messages with relation to the Emerald Copse
Fixed a bug that would not undock Sages from their station structures if that building was killed while they were still docked.

v1.00
Initial release

Contents

THW - TC14 - TheSecretGrove (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Outstanding work, in my opinion, very well done! I enjoyed the custom tech tree you came up here - and the resources created for this are quite nice as well. Approved!
Opening this map and seeing no scripts in the trigger editor, I guess this was built in Wurst.
This potentially runs the risk of losing all injected scripts if modified.

Also, found this error message with the Emerald Corpse when clicking the "small" stop button above
the SimpleInfoPanel frame. (Judging from the nature of the error message, it might be due to using
the wrong variable, or attempting to use a destroyed LinkedList object.)

WC3ScrnShot_050820_114953_001.png

Now that the votes are cast and the contest is done, I can feel free to say that the map and the faction are absolutely awesome!
It's also very refreshing to be able and play reforged custom races.

I hope both of you will expand on the idea in the future, now that there is no more time constraint. Which I think applies to all of the entries.

Tell me if there will be an SD variant. Don't mind trying this in 1.32, but I haven't own Reforged yet.
I kind of made a small edit that lets one play it in classic, tried my best to keep the visuals excluding icons but some reforged bugs involve triggers to fix and the way this maps script is prevents that. Hope Wazzz and Spelbound don't mind, amazing texture work as well neat concept.

Attachments

• THW - SD Play Secret Grove v1.01.w3x
    47.4 MB · Views: 16
Level 35
I kind of made a small edit that lets one play it in classic, tried my best to keep the visuals excluding icons but some reforged bugs involve triggers to fix and the way this maps script is prevents that. Hope Wazzz and Spelbound don't mind, amazing texture work as well neat concept.
Oh wow, that's a very nice tribute to the Secret Grove :D
I don't even know how you managed to do that, it's pretty great, thank you very much :)

A very interesting race with a lot of promising ideas. I find playing this race enjoyable despite the graphic having some minor issues. It's just that I am not knowledge-able enough to maximize my efficiency with this race to properly engage against AIs for now. Normally, I'd make a public recording, but for now I think I skip releasing my test run since it is pretty bad for me.

Regardless, I can see why this deserves the victory spot. It is completely well-earned.

A trivia: loading a save game crashes the game (1.32.10)