• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW Hearthstone Tournament #1 (EU) - Pairings and Standings

Status
Not open for further replies.
134776d1398706350-thw-hearstone-tournament-1-eu-hearthstone_logo.png

Round 1 Pairings

Purge vs DeathAdder

Statharas vs Razosh

Round 2 Pairings

Purge(3) vs Razosh(3)

Statharas(0) vs Death Adder(0)

Round 3 Pairings

DeathAdder (0 pts) vs Razosh (6 pts)

Purge (3 pts) vs Statharas (3 pts)

Final Standings
PlayerPointsOMPGWPOGP
1: Razosh944.4485.7146.03
2: Purge655.5671.4350.79
3: Statharas366.6733.3363.49
4: Death Adder066.67063.49
Thank you for participating in the first THW tournament!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
Game and match win percentages. GWP is the total game win percentage of the player, OMP/OGP are the win percentage of the opponents.

It is a system used in MTG tournaments as a tiebreaker, pointless when you have 4 players but when you have hundreds and a few score the same the win ratio of opponents (OMP/OGP) is compared and basically the player who faced opponents with highest win ratios wins.

Aand grats to all the participants :p
Hopefully more people join next time.

Level 24
Technically I could I've done it before though not a moderator, Purge might be willing though.

That should be fun and remember to make it memorable. :)

If it gets enough players, hopefully that'll be enough. I don't plan on doing a "special" themed tournament yet. Maybe for the next one, but I feel like we should go through a few standard ones before doing gimmicky ones.

And of course, I'll record the games again. :)

Level 24
It's up to PurgeandFire to decide but he has been talking about making it a three deck game.

How many decks would I need to participate? I currently only have one good deck that I'm really pleased with.

Razosh is correct. I could allow 1-3 decks though. That would be fine.

I'm debating whether to make it mandatory to switch after you've loss. Or should I leave that as an option to the player? And should each player know what class they're playing against (before it starts, I mean)? Decisions, decisions.

Level 24
As I see it you could do it two ways either we have to use three different and not have to display our cards or you can stick with as few as you'd like but then everyone would have to tell everyone what cards they use. The reason for this logic is that if you are left with the alternative to stick with one deck alone it should set you back a bit since you've put much less effort into your decks than someone who has 3 different has.

Level 24
I think he means that if I win against him with my deck in the first game he can choose to either play the same deck again or switch deck for the next game. I don't see the use of it though because if you've lost with that deck once why would you want to play it again.

There are some few exceptions were a player might have an insane amount of luck but if you look at my mage deck or most of the professional decks it's not a deck that relies heavily on luck but rather on being able to deal with most of what you can throw at it.

Level 12
There are some few exceptions were a player might have an insane amount of luck

It's worth to mention that the other decks might be even worse matched against the opponents deck or you've already lost with a deck that is stronger against the deck you will face later on, if you don't win 3 times it won't matter if you win a 2nd. (since you cant change deck if you win)

As for the luck; I don't have to mention all of blizzards crazy RNG elements when, as a card game, there is a card draw function to begin with, luck is a factor from the very start.

Skill and deck strength is appraised with win/lose ratio for this very reason.

if you look at my mage deck or most of the professional decks it's not a deck that relies heavily on luck but rather on being able to deal with most of what you can throw at it.

They mostly don't rely on luck. They DO rely on not being unlucky however, if you are unlucky enough you will lose against any decent deck & player. (Although the possibility exists it's not very realistic that you'd get so unlucky)

I'm not making that suggestion because these things happen often but rather because it's better with than without in the off-chance that it does.

Level 24
I never said my deck does not rely on luck it relies on minimizing the chance of loosing to bad luck.

Level 12
It would make sense to go back on a defeated deck though. That could allow me to counter the opponents deck. (rare but still)

Yes, even if it's rare and nobody might even get the chance the possibility exist. No reason to NOT have it. It doesn't take anything away but it may add something.

It really isn't that silly to make a mandatory switch. It is already used for Blizzard's hearthstone tournament format:
Blizzard said:
Source

The World Championships will be played in a best-of-five “Last Hero Standing” format, with 3 classes per player each match. In a “Last Hero Standing” format, when you lose a game, you must change the deck you are currently playing. Each player brings three decks and plays until one player wins three games.

So I am leaning towards following that. It should be pretty fun. The only decision would be whether to have bracketed play or round robin. I'll shoot some PM's and see who is interested in participating.

Level 24
You wanted to start sign up the 30th or the 1st might be good to start it at least this weekend so people who aren't following this as intensely as me will have a chance to notice it. ;)

Level 24
Well I'll just have to plow through you again and again until one day when you will make me the moderator of Hearthstone as Chaosy was so noble to suggest. I wounder how many tournaments I'll have to win :D But if that's what I'm hoping for I'll sit here until my hair turns gray doesn't hurt to be optimistic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.