• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

"Ragnaros the Firelord, and his lieutenants Garr and Baron Geddon, defeated Thunderaan, Prince of Air, during the war following the First Age of Creation. Ragnaros was unable to fully destroy Thunderaan’s essence, so he forced what little remained into a talisman of elemental binding and shattered it. He gave the two halves to his lieutenants. Ages passed, and somehow the talisman halves found their way into the hands of Highlord Demitrian, a follower of Thunderaan. He recombined the talisman but was unable to release his master. Instead, he did the best he could: He crafted a blade to serve as a vessel for his master’s essence.

Thunderfury is a vicious sword, crafted from elementium and containing a crackling electrical core that might be all that remains of Prince Thunderaan. The hilt is unusually long, wrapped in black dragon hide."

From WoWWiki

Please note - The screenshot is NOT accurate. In-game, there is a farseer's\shaman's missile in the "socket" and the lightning texture on the blade is animated. In addition, there is a blue omnilight emitting from the socket's center.

Attach to left or right hand.

Special thanks to Jigrael, who's model, "Lightning Elemental", I used in the screenshot. Also, special thanks to General Frank for showing me how to do animated textures. ...In addition, huge thanks to HappyTauren for telling me how to make the lightning animated texture effect better!

HUGE thanks and credits to Zeverens, for making the awesome texture! Major props to him!

Give credits to me(Deolrin or Debode) and Zeverens if you use this model in your map. Do NOT redistribute this model in any way. I do NOT want to see it make it's way to sites like ''Warcraft III Unlimited''.

Keywords:
Thunder, Lightning, Thunderaan, Prince of Air, Storm, Elemental, Blessed, Blade, Debode, Deolrin, Zeverens.
Contents

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker (Model)

Reviews
17:26, 17th Sep 2009 shamanyouranus: Quite an awesome model, i must say. Looks great and quite accurate. Good job, both of you.

M

17:26, 17th Sep 2009
shamanyouranus: Quite an awesome model, i must say. Looks great and quite accurate. Good job, both of you.

Level 9
The texture is greeat, good work, both of you!
You both have done a great job, and you put an in-game screenshot, which is something I always suggest people who upload attachments do. +Rep!
5/5 Highly Recommended

Level 6
normaly a good optimized model is 65kb big. not an attachment.

this looks cool, but its definitly way too big

As much as I love small models, we can be less worried about size since we can upload maps as big as 8mb, so it's less of a problem (though as a principle, file size should be reduced whenever possible).

Beautiful model.

Level 10
Hey, dudes! :D I'm glad y'all liked it. I'm going to work abit on the handle later, cause it's abit pixeled. Well, about that Sulfaras thingie. I don't know what Debode has in his mind, but I would not say no to skinning it. I'll try to convince him to do it. ;)

Level 16
Hey, dudes! :D I'm glad y'all liked it. I'm going to work abit on the handle later, cause it's abit pixeled. Well, about that Sulfaras thingie. I don't know what Debode has in his mind, but I would not say no to skinning it. I'll try to convince him to do it. ;)

Go go! Make him create animated sulfuras (I mean with animated skin). I bet it will rock, just like this one does. Imo this one is better than blizz's (but I might have said that already)

Level 1
Like others have been saying this is a sweet model, I might even use it in one of my projects of I can find a spot to put it in :D

Level 13
I'm not here to rate the filesize, I rate the model.
And my rating izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Highly Recommended

Yay, awesome model dude. I don't mind the filesize, if it's awesome it's usefull... mostly.
Blehh, w00t.