1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Thor the Thundergod

Submitted by olofmoleman
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Yes people, I'm back at Wc3 modding. At least for a while, I have some old projects I want to finish. I still not doing requests though.

Anyway, here's a model I've been wanting to make for ages, but never got around actually making it, Thor, the Thundergod.

Also, incase someone wonders why there aren't any wings or horns on his helmet, this is not the stupid version like the Marvel hero, this is a more accurate Thor how he should look, like any other viking, without shit on his helmet.

Made by Olof Moleman, based on the Paladin model.

Updated:
Made the belt and gauntlets more accurate, made the face and hair completely freehand, changed the colour of the bear skin and fixed some UV issues.

Texture path:
Textures\Thor.blp

Give credit if you use this in your map

Please do not distribute or modify this resource without permission.

Keywords:
viking, Thor, thunder, god, lightning, mythology, pagan
Contents

Thor the Thundergod (Model)

Thor the Thundergod (Model)

Reviews
16:29, 6th Dec 2008 General Frank: Works ingame and performs very well. ~ Approved.
  1. Masiah

Masiah

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with Veljkom, it looks more like an unarmored paladin than a god. Add some particles or stuff to make him look more divine...

2. Karouk

Karouk

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Thor... With his trusted goats!

Which reminds me you should make another model with him on his goats :thumbs_up:

Oh all things though... why goats?? :confused:

3. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hm, seems I forgot about his special belt. That's about the only thing I suppose I could have put more nifty detail on. otherwize it's just a matter of opinion how people think Thor should look.

Anyway, in my opinion he doesn't need much armour, he's a fucking god. not some puny mortal. And besides basicly the only thing to add to the armour would be chainmail, vikings didn't have plate armour or pouldrons.

Only foolish people think they know everything, wize know themselves to be ignorant on the whole.

Also people, stop saying, "make this..." or "you should make this...". I do not do requests!

4. Fisher621

Fisher621

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thor has a small hammer! But still nice model. But i think its more like a babarian paladin.

5. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, what is there to say, simply put: amazingly done, olofmoleman. Could be used as Thor but also as probably any random viking as well, since he does not look to "godlike."
    +rep'd

6. LordChicken

LordChicken

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow seems good tho im haveing troble getting it to work =.=

ill fix it good job tho!!!

7. onyxja

onyxja

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wanna have Loki and Odin so i can do a cenematic of the tale thor and the pig/goat feast or thor with Midgårdworm or maybye why the vikings thougth earthquake come or thor and Loki challenge the illusion giant i have tons of them more norse things i love vikings power to Scandinavia!

Olofman i didn't say your model was bad or you shall do more im just a babbeling fool.

I think they got santa claus from thor^^

8. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, Santa Claus has nothing to do with Thor. It does however have to do with the pagan celebration of midwinter, which was later stolen and warped by the christians.
    today's Santa Claus' influences are mostly from Coca Cola and the Dutch and German celebration Sinter Klaas.

9. Jack_Sparrow93

Jack_Sparrow93

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great Model!

10. Balodil

Balodil

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I love it! The Skin is soo nice!
    But the size is to big :/

11. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pfff, massive filesize and such a small change...
    No offense, but I would never use this in any of my maps, though others might depending on the circumstances.
    2.5/5

12. Someguy19

Someguy19

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, wereguy, did you even take to time to try and compress it?
    Without any loss of quality, I reduced it to 137kb.

The blue pants seem odd too. 4/5 from me, Olof.

13. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thor's back from Asgard to kick some WarCraft ass! He looks great and I love it!

~Craka_J

14. shamanyouranus

shamanyouranus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Wait, but Thor had a viking helmet! Other than that, awesome model

15. LukasJ

LukasJ

Resources:
    Resources:
    How you do model?

16. Mr.Kronos

Mr.Kronos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dear olof, I just wanted to tell you that the model itself it very good :D

But a thing I noticed was his hammer (Mjolnir) is to long, Mjolnir is a short little hammer
    So, just have that in mind and before you do models like this, and please study some norse mythology...

17. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's actually not that small of a change, the Paladin UV mapping is horrible took ages to fix it all. If you'd use this skin on the original model it would look ghastly.

Vikings had bright coloured clothes, so bright blue pants is very logical, vikings also used a lot of green and maroon. Of course they also had uncoloured clothing, like I did on Thor's shirt.

That is a viking helmet.

I know, I've done loads of research. Mjölnir is a one handed throwing hammer that always hits it's target and magically flies back to the owner like a boomerang. But the paladin overall shape fitted Thor the most, I can't animate and all the really good animators I trust have either stopped animating or are busy. Thus I decided to simply make Thor's hammer a two handed warhammer, it's not that illogical actually. The only hammers that were actaully used for battle were two handed warhammers aswell, though the vikings did not use these types of weapons. Thor's the only viking I know of who uses a hammer in battle.

18. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    One-handed hammers was used as well, but mostly by Men-At-Arms who took whatever they could find :wink:

Couldn't you try animation swapping? I believe some of the Mountain Kings animations would look great, especially his Spell Throw animation, and they would work with a onehanded hammer.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  19. Matarael

Matarael

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like that you made the hammer look like the "real" Thor's hammer instead of going for the Marvel Comics Thor's mjollnir.

20. onyxja

onyxja

Resources:
    Resources:
    But Thors hammer mjölner is a small hammer on all pictures and stuff and he also missed the belt that thor use to become stronger but the helm is good it shall be as it is.