• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thor the Thundergod

Yes people, I'm back at Wc3 modding. At least for a while, I have some old projects I want to finish. I still not doing requests though.

Anyway, here's a model I've been wanting to make for ages, but never got around actually making it, Thor, the Thundergod.

Also, incase someone wonders why there aren't any wings or horns on his helmet, this is not the stupid version like the Marvel hero, this is a more accurate Thor how he should look, like any other viking, without shit on his helmet.

Made by Olof Moleman, based on the Paladin model.

Updated:
Made the belt and gauntlets more accurate, made the face and hair completely freehand, changed the colour of the bear skin and fixed some UV issues.

Texture path:
Textures\Thor.blp

Give credit if you use this in your map

Please do not distribute or modify this resource without permission.

Keywords:
viking, Thor, thunder, god, lightning, mythology, pagan
Contents

Thor the Thundergod (Model)

Thor the Thundergod (Model)

Reviews
16:29, 6th Dec 2008 General Frank: Works ingame and performs very well. ~ Approved.
Level 1
Odin?

Why don't you create Odin from the archmage or furion? :p Or maybe from Kael and change his balls of fire around him to the birds, hugin and munin =) Wouldn't be very much to change there either, atleast not as far as i can see :p
And Thankyou for finally doing a real thor without the things on his helmet :D
Also, the roman or greece gods is a great soure of inspiration for cool models =)

P.S. I'm sooo glad you remembered the belt!

Level 12
I couldn't stop from commenting flaming troll's picture of a helmet a few pages ago... These are not horns, these are bananas! :) Don't show here reconstructors' stuff please :) We did better things.

To Olof: great model, if I ever need a Thor for my map, I know where to take it :).
5/5

Level 3
you should make more marvel characters like this. like i havent seen any models of the popular marvel characters like spiderman, venom, batman, superman (amazingly). so u should really make some more or atleast give me a tutorial of how to make skins and stuff cuz i still havent for that down. well nice model!

and i im pretty sure it is a marvel character...

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
And I'm pretty sure Dionesiist is right, because Thor is originally from the Norse mythologies.
Marvel just took the character's concept and made a superhero of him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_(Marvel_Comics)

In conclusion, the thundergod and the superhero are NOT the same person.
Olof created a model of the thundergod, not the superhero.

Your marvel_comic link is broken...
But I actually believe I once saw a marvel character which matched the description and titel...

Level 3
Norse is cool and all but what we need is some celtic and gothic stuff to even it out. ive been looking ages for a woad raider! sombody sould Make William Wallace (brave heart)

and or the horns/no horns dispute vikings dident have horns on ther helms but the cattle theifs did the farmers would look onto the field and not see shiny helms but horns moveing about

Last edited:
Level 1
hey olof i was just wanting to ask if i could borrow this and turn him alittle different and use him as a builder hero for one of my friends maps, we will still give u credit for original model

Level 11
Thor

You guys all fail owemgee!...

The only Thor that you guys should make models of is Marvel's Thor; and he has no beard and blond hair (basically arthas wielding a hammer but with different clothes would do better then all the Thor models I have seen so far)...

Make me a Marvel Thor please =P and... a Stormbereaker... and all the X-men and Cable and Bishop... and I'll shit myself of happiness, promise...

And might as well add the Hulk, Ironman and Captain America...

And yeah in english his hammer is called M'jolnir, it's tiny but only Thor can pick it up due to his incredible inner strength.

My favorite animated movies: Wonderwoman, Hulk Vs Thor, Hulk vs Wolverine.
Watch them if you like decapitation and sexy girls.

Level 5
OMG!
very heavy model, but has reasons... the details looks perfect, and in game is even more perfect, but there is something you forget... the wings on thor's helmet... if you can please add it, will be even more awesome than it already is (The Wings that i am saying is just like Age of Mythology's Thor; Link: http://www.google.com.br/imgres?img...6D6Dw&esq=4&page=1&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0)... :thumbs_up:
Epic! 5/5

Last edited:
Level 4
Thor dosn't have wings on his helmet as stated, in a different note, Thor and most norse gods are badass, being norweigan I understand that killing a giant is a hard task and that Thor aint need shit to do it. On the other hand my ancestry has nothing to do with what I know about the norse gods. If most people actually knew their shit they would realize that the vikings dropped paganism a looooooong ass time ago and thus dropped their worship of the norse gods. It was around the time of King Ragnar of the Dains and the viking raids of England I believe, hillariously enough most groups of people who ever came to fight over Brittania were all viking in descent, the saxons, and normans all came from the ancient Vikings of norway, denmark and sweden (later came the viking raiders of norway and denmark).Thus much blood was spilled over nothing because of the vast time gap between different colonizational periods of England, but I do believe that the original Briton barbarians were not in fact vikings, and I also believe the romans colonized their too but were halted by the scottish peoples.