• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

This or that?

Which would you rather?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I voted for the expansion, but now I think of it I can see Warcraft IV refreshing the community with some new players (WoW-players or something like that) and it would be less DotA crowded, hopefully.

Newer graphics would be nice too, as long as most computers can play it.

Level 7
Warcraft 4 defiantly. I haven't played it myself but I've heard good things about it. I could use a step up from warcraft 3 I've been using i8t for at least two years now. I think i could use a bit of a change as well.

Level 7
Not that i know of, but comparing starcraft to starcraft II theres a big difference. Or the deference between warcraft II and Warcraft III. Just imagine the next step up. Because it might have new graphics storyline editor and many more, there is no question what most people would think. Right?

Level 17
An expansion? Honestly?

After 6 years why would you not want everything to be updated, instead of just adding some things.

They could improve everything in another installment.

Level 4
I say, Wc4. It would be better in just about every way. Newer graphics, newer WE, newer storyline, more and new units, (maybe) a larger community, and, hey, an expansion would be kinda senseless. WC3 has gotten really boring, lately. I hate to see a good game lose it's kick after awhile :/.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I could really go either way. On one hand, an expansion to a game I know is good and fulfills my Troll fix; on the other, a potentially Starcraft-2-esque experience (WARCRAFT 4 ZOMGOSH-BBQ-PEWPEW), with as great a number of changes as Wc2 --> Wc3, yet feasibly unfulfilling in some other way...

Meh. Gimme another couple Tavern heroes and we'll call it even. :p

Level 14
And creating an expansion to a 7 year old game wouldn't be pissing on a classic?

lol, if they use the same game engine, and just add more units\races\heroes\etc and maybe a new campaign it would stay awesome\classic, but feel free to have a different opinion. Im just old school.
[Edit] - also improving the graphics and adding more units and stuff to use in WE = D.

Status
Not open for further replies.