• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

cash or happiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Im having problems figuring what to do with even 500€, so why would i get 10 million $?

As for the happiness part, i find it really difficult to comprehend, and to be honest, im already happy with the things i got, so I dont really need happiness either.

Guess I would have to go with money then.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
^ Not completely correct. It's the system, and the amount of money people get these days. Before money was invented, people were trading for goods only. I can't really imagine a world in this time without money. How would you get anything, and what would you offer?

Money is a source of trading, and the beginning of trading stuff. People rob banks, and get money on evil way not because of money itself, but because they lack it, or want more of it. Therefore, it's the jobs, and the law which is making the society evil.

P.S. There were thieves before money was invented. People were getting stuff illegally before money, and during the "trading of the goods". There were always bad and good people, those who have enough of material things, and those who never get enough of it.

Don't take me wrong, but when you said evil, the first and only thought that crossed my mind was thieves themselves. If you meant something else, please say so.

To get on topic: Depends how would it work on someone with eternal happiness. As a modification in brain, or as getting something a human truly wants?

Like what DeathChef told. Cannot answer Money because I am always happy. So if you want money no happy and have happy no money. Now to answer

Happiness 100%. Life with money and no happiness is empty life, life full with problems with out ''keys'', with false friend with question in their head ''how to take him money''. When you have happiness you have lovely family, great friends, and any problem is automatic 50% simpler, when you have happiness you know to you had good life. Happiness is when you know to you do not just live to earn money and eat. Thats my thinking and my life moto :}

Level 36
This is hilariously sad. 10 grand won't get you very far in life. At all. There's not a whole lot you can do with it that will have any lasting impact on your life. It might give you a boost somewhere, or a headstart on something, but it's ultimately a drop in the bucket as far as the amount of money you will be required to make and then spend in order to survive from the time you move out till the time you die. It's pennies. Nothing.

If the sum was actually worth something (try 10 million, maybe, or 10 billion), then I would be tempted. Because with 10 billion, you might not be able to buy happiness, but you could help a fuckload of people.

For 10 thousand, no thanks. I'll take eternal happiness. Besides, if you were eternally happy, money would pretty much lose all value beyond paying for necessities anyway.

Level 12
I don't see how being 'eternally happy' would be any good in heaven, since it is, after all, an eternal paradise. You would be happy either way, so basically you would just wish for a one-way -ticket to heaven, which would of course be fancy now that I think about it, assuming it would even exist.

If it wouldn't, weeeeell... I would expect the wish to appear as becoming mentally challenged to think everything is fun, so you would be happy forev- oh wait you would die either way.

And as has been said in the past by some intelligent guy - ''Nothing lasts forever''.

Status
Not open for further replies.